Crown Begets Booty
- ICC prize money to winning team $490,000
- BCCI to each of the 15 players Rs 80 lakh
- Sahara offers apartment to each Rs 25 lakh
- Yuvraj Singh Rs 1.8 cr (BCCI Rs 80 lakh, Rs 1 cr*, Porsche car)
- Joginder Sharma Rs 1.05 cr (BCCI Rs 80 lakh, Haryana Govt Rs 25 lakh)
- Irfan, Yusuf Pathan Rs 1.01 cr each (BCCI Rs 80 lakh, Gujarat Govt Rs 5 lakh, Baroda CA Rs 11 lakh, Gujarat CA Rs 5 lakh)
- Rudra Pratap Singh Rs 92 lakh (BCCI Rs 80 lakh, UP Govt Rs 10 lakh UP CA Rs 2 lakh, Kanshi Ram Award, car by Neosports)
- Rohit Sharma, Ajit Agarkar Rs 90 lakh each (BCCI Rs 80 lakh, Maharashtra Govt Rs 10 lakh)
- Robin Uthappa Rs 88 lakh (BCCI Rs 80 lakh, Karnataka Govt Rs 5 lakh, Kerala Govt Rs 3 lakh)
- V. Sehwag, G. gambhir Rs 85 lakh each (BCCI Rs 80 lakh, Delhi Govt Rs 5 lakh)
- Sreesanth Rs 85 lakh (BCCI Rs 80 lakh, Kerala Govt Rs 5 lakh)
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni Rs 80 lakh (BCCI Rs 80 lakh, Jharkhand Ratna award and a ‘surprise gift’ from Jharkhand Govt)
- ESPN-STAR received Rs 110-115 crore through ad sales for the final match, out of which Rs 40 crore was contributed by sponsors.
- The final saw an all-time high ad rate of Rs 7.5-10 lakh per 10 seconds. TRPs were at an astronomical 15-20%.
- Ad rates had fallen by 40% after the 2007 World Cup debacle. They are now back to the pre-World Cup level.
- The upcoming India-Australia series already has a good line-up of two presenting and six associate sponsors.
***Mahendra Singh Dhoni: Led from the front with the composure of a seasoned skipper and the open-mindedness of a freshman. Played three solid innings, wisely focusing on preserving his wicket rather than play shockrooper. Thus, despite his timing deserting him, managed to help team skewer the Aussie bowling for 128 runs in the final 10 overs. Total runs: 154.