- Swarnajayanti Gram Swarojgar: Self-employment through a mix of subsidy and bank credit.
- NREGS: Wages deposited in bank/post office according to employment days.
Indira Awas: Rs 35,000 given in cash instalments to build a house.
- Janani Swasth: Cash to mother on discharge from hospital post-delivery.
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima: Cashless smart card helps migrant labour avail healthcare anywhere in the country.
- Balika Samridhi: Bank deposits as incentive for schooling of girls. Gets funds at 18 years if unmarried.
***The search for the Holy Grail of inclusive growth, which is to say, getting resources to those who need it the most, without bureaucratic sloth and endemic corruption, has intensified after Elections ’09. Thanks to the political gains from the national rural employment guarantee scheme (NREGS) and the urgency to contain a ballooning subsidy bill, there will...