Coming Home, Counting Bars
- Prisoners must have a minimum of six months left to serve if they want to apply for the transfer
- Convicts must not have a pending case against them
- Undertrials and inmates imprisoned for drug offences, murder and financial crimes ineligible. Special cases, ‘blood money’ still applicable.
- Can apply through Indian mission or local authorities
- 1,200-plus Indian prisoners, including 40 women, eligible
- Both countries have the right to reject applications
- Once in India, no bail/parole
- UAE: 4315
- B’desh: 2008
- Kuwait: 1161
- China: 673
- Oman: 429
- UK: 426
- Nepal: 223
- USA: 155 ...