Advertisement
Monday, Dec 06, 2021
Outlook.com
Eating Out

Innocent Of Gluttony

Lata Khubchandani dines Sanjay Narang

Innocent Of Gluttony
Abhijit Bhatlekar
Innocent Of Gluttony
outlookindia.com
-0001-11-30T00:00:00+05:53

I’m served fancy stir fry mushrooms in garlic sauce and Chinese style Okra. Sanjay treats himself to crackling chicken.Dressed in a pale blue T-shirt and white trousers, he isn’t the suave and forbidding ceo you expect him to be. For a ladies man—he carries a huge baggage of various liaisons with film personalities—Sanjay is candid and unassuming. Add another adjective—talkative—and you get the complete picture.

Sanjay inherited the business from his family which owns the Ambassador group of hotels but decided to get hands-on training at the Taj to learn the tricks of the trade. He waves away assumptions of being a gourmet. "There are only about five dishes that I eat over and over again and I know nothing about food. My sister Rachna looks into all that. I must have eaten only about 5 per cent of the stuff my restaurants offer. She tastes the other 95 per cent," he says. But it’s Sanjay who ends up getting all the credit.

Advertisement

Outlook Newsletters

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Read More from Outlook

Songs Of Freedom & Redemption: The Unsung Stars Of Hip-Hop

Songs Of Freedom & Redemption: The Unsung Stars Of Hip-Hop

In impoverished neighbourhoods across the world are the true heroes, the unsung stars of hip-hop.

Nagaland:14 Civilians, One Soldier Killed In Firing And Rioting

Nagaland:14 Civilians, One Soldier Killed In Firing And Rioting

Nagaland tension: The mob went on a rampage, demanding immediate action against the security personnel who was involved in the killing of the 13 civilians.

Patel Reflects On His 'Dream Year,' Talks About Three All-rounders

Patel Reflects On His 'Dream Year,' Talks About Three All-rounders

Axar Patel has so far claimed 36 wickets in five Test matches in 2021, including five fifers and one 10-wicket haul.

Himachal Pradesh Becomes First State To Achieve 100 % Vaccination

Himachal Pradesh Becomes First State To Achieve 100 % Vaccination

Himachal 100 % vaccination: Union Minister for Health Mansukh Manadaviya said the Himachal model will be replicated in other states in the country.

Advertisement