“This is a victory for the people of India. Today crores of people of this country have filled the jhola of this fakir.”
PM Narendra Modi, after the sweeping electoral victory of the BJP
I congratulate Prime Minister Modi on the electoral victory of BJP and allies. Look forward to working with him for peace, progress and prosperity in South Asia— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) May 23, 2019
A man rests amid chairs and a Modi cut-out.
Amit Shah cut-outs at a BJP rally in Delhi
Men pose after casting their vote in Ajmer.
BJP members on the Dal, J&K
An old hand getting the vote mark
DMK chief Stalin gets his cheeks pulled in Vellore, TN.
Selfietime for SP’s Akhilesh Yadav
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra plays with snakes in Rae Bareli
- 81.8% Percentage of seats retained by the BJP, opposed to 37.2% for Congress
- 39 Years Amethi lasted as a bastion for Nehru-Gandhi family
- 68 Years it took the BJP to open its account in Kerala
- 41,667 Votes for NOTA in Bastar, higher than difference between winner and runner-up.
- 71 NDA wins, out of 115 districts listed ‘aspirational’ by Niti Aayog
- 19 The number of states/UTs where Congress drew a blank
- 6.5 CPM’s voteshare dropped to in West Bengal from 22.9 in 2014
- 25 Muslim MPs in Parliament, up by one from 2014, less than half of 1989