Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister
- An Economist’s Miscellany by Kaushik Basu
Essays on life, academics, politics and policy.
- Managed Chaos: The Fragility of the Chinese Miracle by Prem Shankar Jha
On what the dichotomy between China’s politics and economy means for others.
- The Commanding Heights: The Battle for the World Economy by Daniel Yergin and Joseph Stanislaw
The risks and opportunities emerging as the balance of power shifts between governments and markets.
- Peace and Democratic Society edited by Amartya Sen
A report of a Commonwealth commission on causes of conflict, with an introductory essay by Amartya Sen.
- The Future of Power by Joseph S. Nye Jr.
Explores the changing global power relationships.
- Civil Disobedience: Two Freedom Struggles, One Life by L.C....