The Lobbying Battlegrounds
- Retail Pressure-building to further open up FDI in multi-brand retail and more commodities including foodgrain
- Defence Domestic industry keen to acquire state-of-the-art technology is urging raising of FDI bar to 49 per cent
- Mining Lobbying to stall a new tax proposal even as environmental safeguards and rights of forest-dwellers ignored
- Aviation National carrier struggles to survive as lobbyists ensure better health for private carriers and airport operators
- Telecom The lobbyists’ den, there is influence in every sphere—from licences to spectrum allocation
- Infrastructure Be it power generation or highway construction, policies being tweaked indiscriminately to suit corporates
The dinner party is,...