- After the 2002 riots, Modi projected Gujarat as an investor haven with Vibrant Gujarat meets
- Grey Worldwide, and then Apco Worldwide, hired to hardsell state
- Numerous MoUs signed, but not clear how many translated into projects on the ground
- Modi has cultivated an online and social media presence
- There are hundreds of Modi fans maintaining laudatory websites
- 3-D videography was a stunner
What’s common to actor Salman Khan and Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi? Besides the very visible maschismo they both display, there’s a story that unites them, one that Rajat Sharma of India TV likes to recount. Three years back, he put the chief minister of Gujarat in the dock on his programme Aap Ki Adalat, in which he subjects public figures to a mock trial after which a verdict is delivered. He says Modi drew a viewership of the kind drawn by stars like Salman Khan.