Kerala: Five Talking Pointsl
- Did the flurry of scams in recent months, and Rahul Gandhi’s “old man” jibe, affect UDF margins?
- The Congress hasn’t done well, the allies have a big share in numbers, will they demand their pound of flesh?
- Will the UDF win spur a leadership battle among the Congressmen and could allies move over to LDF?
- Will the CPI(M) bid goodbye to V.S. Achuthanandan despite the late-surge under his leadership?
- Will Prakash Karat claim the good showing of the Left as his victory or will he give credit to Achuthanandan?
|Parties/Alliances||% Votes||Seats||% Votes||Seats|
|Adjusted figures because of changes in alliances -- all figures based on pre-poll alliances in 2011. For the actual alliance-breakdowns as existed in 2006, please click here along with the various exit-polls
1. Kerala Congress which was part of LDF in 2006, split and the faction called KC (T) (Kerala Congress Anti-Merger Group) remained with the LDF while the faction called KC (J) moved to the UDF