CPI(M)'s Big Biz Bonanza
Here's how the red party is going commercial in Kerala:
- The CPI(M )and its affiliated outfits in the state are reportedly worth over Rs 4,000 crore.
- An amusement park is to be set up by the party in Malabar.
- State committee OKs plans for setting up super-speciality hospitals and mega hypermarkets.
- Information technology parks to be set up in all districts in the state.
- The party already owns a satellite TV channel and runs the third largest circulation Malayalam newspaper.
- Its rubber cooperative, Rubco, is looking for Rs 1,300-crore funding from foreign financial institutions (FFIs) for major diversification.
Subscribe to Outlook’s Newsletter