The Scam So Far
- Rs 5,000 to 1.5L charged to store stem cells up till 21 years, disposed after that age.
- Rs 3L to 12L is the cost of stem cell therapy
- 1:40,000 Probability of a family to use its own stored CB
- 21 CB banks registered with CDSCO. More than 500 unregistered
- 500m cells can treat a person of only 15 kg weight, which a child attains at much before 10 years
- 5 rare diseases are curable through stem cell therapy against 80 in all claimed by private firms
It is a common belief that technical advancement promotes the propensity to fleece people. It’s no different in the medical field: a major upgradation in the know-how of stem cells has triggered the money-making potential of this fast-growing branch of knowledge about which most people don’t have a grasp. Thus, the...