Posers To Ponder
- Were Raja’s decisions cleared by the PM and former FM?
- Who cleared the equity sale of Swan and Unitech Wireless?
- Should Tata Teleservices be clubbed in with Swan and Unitech Wireless?
- Will A-G Vahanvati’s role in clearing Raja’s decisions make it to fresh chargesheets?
- Will Chidambaram be made to stand witness in court?
Even battle-scarred veterans embroiled in the 2G spectrum scam voiced their grudging approval of the slugfest started by former telecom minister Andimuthu Raja in the special CBI court presiding over India’s biggest scam. By attempting to pull Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and home minister (and former FM) P. Chidambaram into the 2G mess, Raja—who has been keeping rather quiet for nearly six months in Tihar Jail—has come out with an incisive, politically explosive legal strategy (he is, after all, a lawyer by training). Fittingly,...