Trends & Key issues
- It’ll be a tough fight between the TDP alliance and Congress
- The TDP alliance is tipped to make major gains in Telangana as it is tied up with the TRS
- Corruption and the Satyam scandal not an issue
- The Congress hopes to cash in on its government’s schemes. TDP promises schemes like CTS.
- The PRP started with a bang but lost steam midway
- AP usually votes the same party to the assembly and Lok Sabha. With both being held together, local issues dominate.
***At least since the 1980s, Andhra Pradesh had settled into a two-cornered political universe, with the Congress and the TDP occupying all of it. Naxalism on the outside was certainly a bigger factor than the stray pockets of mainstream Left influence within the system. The game, however, has been changing in recent years. The arrival of the...