Why The Party’s Unhappy With The PM
- A section within the Congress has been voicing its disquiet over the Indo-Pakistan joint statement because it feels that it will give a handle to the Opposition to attack the government.
- Another section, which is being described as the coalition of the disgruntled, consists of those who were looking for an occasion to attack the PM, and used the BJP's ire as an opportune excuse.
- Very few in the Congress are really upset by the substance of the statement. They are most concerned by the fact that the PM is asserting himself.
- Some members of the old guard feel that the party should have been consulted before the joint statement was drafted.
Man Can Cook: Trust, But Verify
- In UPA-2, the goal the prime minister has set for himself is to try and achieve a breakthrough in Indo-Pakistan relations.
- India's policy has always been...