The BJP Big State Plan
- It's clear that Uttar Pradesh will hold the key in the battle for the Centre
- Also, that the OBC vote in this state will be crucial, besides the Jats in western UP
- For now, the BJP is focusing its efforts on getting non-Yadav OBCs on its side
- Over 160 OBC sammelans have been organised across the state
- 160 OB vans to broadcast Modi’s development model in rural UP
- 80 more rallies to be organised, with Modi addressing six a day from April 1
This election season, one thing is certain. If Narendra Modi’s ‘Mission 272’ for the Lok Sabha polls in summer has to go beyond just aspirational value, the complex electoral mosaic of Uttar Pradesh must be painted saffron. After all, with 80 seats—the most from any state—the Hindi heartland state could well pave the BJP’s road to the Centre.