Padma Awards 2005
Update: January 28. Two of the awardees have refused the Padma awards this year. Romila Thapar and Ka
Romila Thapar refused the Padma Bhushan as she said that she had declined the same award in 1992; she had given the same reasons as she gave this time in her letter to the President: "appreciative of the honour..but regretfully unable to accept it. I decided some years ago that I would only accept awards from academic institutions or those associated with my professonal work, and not accept State awards...purely personal decision and does not reflect on the other recipients of State awards.
Earlier, Assamese journalist Kanaksen Deka refused the Padma Shri on the ground that it would lower the love and affection shown to him by the people of Assam.
Left to Right:
1. Bal Krishnan Goyal (medicine) Maharashtra,
2. Bhai Mohan Singh (trade and industry) Delhi,
3. Jyotindra Nath Dixit (posthumous - civil service) Delhi,
4. Karan Singh (public affairs) Delhi,
5. Martanda Varma Sankaran Valiathan (medicine) Delhi,
6. Milon Kumar Banerjee (public affairs) Delhi,
7. Mohan Dharia (social worker) Maharashtra,
8. Pandit Ram Narayan (art) Maharashtra, and
9. Rasipuram Krishnaswami Laxman (art) Maharashtra.
1. A Ramachandran (art) Delhi,
2. Andre Beteille (literature and education) Delhi,
3. Anil Kohli (medicine) Delhi,
4. Azim Premji (trade and industry) Karnataka,
5. Balraj Puri (literature and education) Jammu and Kashmir,
6. Brijmohan Lall Munjal (trade and industry) Delhi,
7. Chandi Prasad Bhatt (social work) Uttaranchal,
8. G.V. Ramakrishna (civil service) Tamil Nadu.
9. Girish Chandra Saxena (civil service) Delhi,
10. Hari Mohan (medicine) Delhi,
11. Irfan Habib (literature and education), Uttar Pradesh,
12. K. Srinath Reddy (medicine) Delhi,
13. Kiran Majumdar Shaw (science and engineering) Karnataka,
14. M.T. Vasudevan Nair (art) Kerala,
15. Mrinal Miri (journalism) Meghalaya,
16. Mrinal Datta Chaudhuri (trade and industry) Delhi.
17. Narasimhiah Seshagiri (science and engineering) Karnataka,
18. Prabodh Chandra Dey alias Manna Dey (art) Maharashtra,
19. Qurratulain Hyder (literature and education) Uttar Pradesh,
20. Romila Thapar (literature and education) Delhi,
21. S.R. Sankaran (civil services) Andhra Pradesh,
22. Sardar Anjum (literature and education) Haryana.
23. Late Syed Mir Qasim (public affairs) Jammu and Kashmir,
24. T.R. Satish Chandran (civil services) Karnataka,
25. Tarlochan Singh (medicine) Delhi,
26. Valangiman Subramanian Ramamurthy (science and engineering) Delhi,
27. Varaprasad K. Reddy (science and engineering) Andhra Pradesh,
28. Mark Tully (journalism) Britain,
29. Yash Chopra (art) Maharashtra, and
30. Yusuf khwaja Hamied (trade and industry) Maharashtra.
1. Amin Kmil (literature and education) Jammu and Kashmir,
2. Amiya Kumar Bagchi (literature and education) West Bengal,
3. Anil Kumble (sports) Karnataka,
4. Banwarilal Chouksev (science and engineering) Madhya Pradesh,
5. Bhagavatula Dattaguru (science and engineering) Karnataka,
6. Bilat Paswan Vihangam (literature and education) Bihar,
7. Chaturbhuj Meher (art) Orissa.
8. Cyrus Soli Poonawalla (trade and industry) Maharashtra,
9. Darchhawna (literature and education) Mizoram,
10. Dipankar Banerjee (science and engineering) Delhi,
11. G. Bakthavathsalam (medicine) Tamil Nadu,
12. Gadul Singh Lama (literature and education) Sikkim,
13. Gambhini Devi Tumlembam (art) Manipur,
14. Ustad Ghulam Sadiq Khan (art) Delhi.
15. Gladys Staines (social work) Australia,
16. Gurbachan Singh Randhawa (sports) Delhi,
17. Hema Bharali (social work) Assam,
18. Indira Jaisingh (public affairs) Delhi.
19.J.M. Hans (medicine) Delhi,
20. Jagtar Singh Grewal (literature and education) Punjab,
21. K.C. Reddy (civil services) Karnataka.
22. Kanaksen Deka (journalism) Assam,
23. Kavita Subramaniam Krishnamurti (art) Karnataka,
24. Guru Kedarnath Sahu (art) Jharkhand.
25.Komala Varadan (art) Delhi,
26.Krishnan Nair Santhakumari Chitra (art) Tamil Nadu,
27. Kumkum Mohanty (art) Orissa,
28. Kunnakudi R.Vaidyanathan (art) Tamil Nadu,
29. Kuntgod Vibhuti Subbanna (art) Karnataka,
30. Lalsawma (social work) Mizoram,
31. Lavu Narendranath (medicine) Andhra Pradesh,
32. Madhu Sudan Kanungo (science and engineering) Uttar Pradesh.
33. Mahadevappa Madappa (science and engineering) Karnataka,
34. Mammen Mathew (journalism) Kerala,
35. Manas Chaudhuri (journalism) Meghalaya,
36. Manuel Santana alias M. Boyer Aguior (art) Goa,
37. Mehrunnisa Parvez (literature and education) Madhya Pradesh,
38. Muzaffar Ali (art) Uttar Pradesh,
39. Nana Chudasama (social work) Maharashtra.
40. P.N. Vasudevan Kurup (medicine) Gujarat,
41. Pullela Gopichand (sports) Andhra Pradesh,
42. Puna Ram Nishad (art) Chhattisgarh,
43. Puran Chand Wadali (art) Punjab,
44. Rachel Thomas (sports) Delhi,
45. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore (sports) Rajasthan,
46. Swami Ram Swaroop Sharma (art) Uttar Pradesh,
47. Shah Rukh Khan (art) Maharashtra,
48. Shameem Dec Azad (art) Jammu and Kashmir.
49. Shantaram Balwant Mujumdar (literature and education) Maharashtra,
50. Shobhana Bhartia (journalism) Delhi,
51. Sougaijan Thanil Singh (art) Manipur,
52. Srikumar Banerjee (science and engineering) Maharashtra,
53. Sunita Narain (environment protection) Delhi,
54. Sushil Sahai (social work) Uttar Pradesh,
55. Theilin Phanbuh (social work) Meghalaya.
56. Vasudevan Gnana Gandhi (science and engineering) Kerala, and
57. Veer Singh Mehta (medicine) Delhi.
- Rs 2.5 Cr in New Notes Among Rs 10 Cr Seized From Delhi Law Firm
- Govt to Amend RBI Act to Annul Old Rs 500/1000 Currency Notes
- PM Says Not Being Allowed to Speak in LS, Congress Says 'We Want Debate, Not Speech'
- 'Note Ban: Job Losses In Unorganised Sectors
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Indonesia Keen To Forge Closer Ties With India: President Joko Widolo
- Helicopter Crashes in Mumbai; One Killed, 3 Injured
- ICAI Withdraws Order Asking Members Not to Criticise Demonetisation
- Puducherry AIADMK Urges Sasikala to Take Over Party Reins
- 23% Jan Dhan a/c Still Without Balance, Despite Surge Abates
- Helpline Number 14444 for Digital Payments Support Soon
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- If Declared Legit, Who Gets to Keep Jayalalithaa's 1165 kg Silver, 23 kg Gold, 750 Shoes, 10,500 Saris?
- Collateral Benefit Of Demonetization Is Rise In Digital Transactions, Says RBI Governor
- Did Embassies' Threat to Cap Money to Indian Diplomats Abroad Help Them Jump Cash Queues?
- Govt Waives Service Tax On Card Payments of Up To Rs.2000