Outlook Relief Fund
Uttarakhand has been struck by a calamity that the state’s chief minister has called a ‘Himalayan Tsunami’.
Thousands are dead and injured. Towns and villages have been crushed. Lives and livelihood have been destroyed. Roads, bridges and communications are cut off.
It will be months, if not years, before the state and its people are back on their feet.
And it will take every hand that can help.
We at Outlook are making a small effort towards this end by setting up the OUTLOOK RELIEF FUND. Each member on our rolls is donating a day’s salary as a gesture of goodwill. The management is also contributing towards the fund.
Outlook invites its readers to contribute generously to mitigate the sufferings of our fellow citizens. Your donation will be handed over to a suitable organisation doing relief work in the state.
Cheques/drafts drawn in favour of "Outlook Relief Fund" should be addressed to:
Outlook Relief Fund
AB-10, Safdarjung Enclave
New Delhi 110 029
Make a difference
We wish to make one lump-sum payment from our Relief Fund in early August. Hence all contributions are requested before 15 August 2013. Payment to the Outlook Relief Fund will be exempt from Income Tax under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act. Every contribution above Rs 5000 will be acknowledged on the pages of Outlook.
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Canada Denies Entry To Retired CRPF Officer For Serving A Govt That 'Engages In Terrorism'
- Twitter Forces Rawal To Delete Tweet On Roy, Suspends Account Of Abhijeet Who Sung Abuses
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response To Aggression: Air Force Chief
- NIA Court Sentences BJP Leader And Two Others For Life Term For Terror Funding In Assam