Outlook Relief Fund
Uttarakhand has been struck by a calamity that the state’s chief minister has called a ‘Himalayan Tsunami’.
Thousands are dead and injured. Towns and villages have been crushed. Lives and livelihood have been destroyed. Roads, bridges and communications are cut off.
It will be months, if not years, before the state and its people are back on their feet.
And it will take every hand that can help.
We at Outlook are making a small effort towards this end by setting up the OUTLOOK RELIEF FUND. Each member on our rolls is donating a day’s salary as a gesture of goodwill. The management is also contributing towards the fund.
Outlook invites its readers to contribute generously to mitigate the sufferings of our fellow citizens. Your donation will be handed over to a suitable organisation doing relief work in the state.
Cheques/drafts drawn in favour of "Outlook Relief Fund" should be addressed to:
Outlook Relief Fund
AB-10, Safdarjung Enclave
New Delhi 110 029
Make a difference
We wish to make one lump-sum payment from our Relief Fund in early August. Hence all contributions are requested before 15 August 2013. Payment to the Outlook Relief Fund will be exempt from Income Tax under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act. Every contribution above Rs 5000 will be acknowledged on the pages of Outlook.
- No Explanation, No Opportunity to Defend Myself, Says Mistry in an Explosive Mail to Board Members
- Modi-Key Talks: NZ Assures 'Constructive' Approach on NSG Bid
- Akhilesh Briefs Governor Ram Naik on Political Situation in UP
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Police Registers Assault Case Against AAP MLA Amantullah Khan
- PM Asks Officials to Analyze World Bank Report Which Ranked India 130th
- Cabinet May Consider Advancing Budget to Feb 1
- UNESCO Approves Resolution on Jerusalem That Israel Says Denies Judaism's Ties to Temple Mount
- 26/11: India Not Responding to Pak Request to Send Witnesses, Says Prosecution
- Pak Lawmakers Slam Cricketers for Doing Push-Ups After Match Win Instead of Praying
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED