Outlook Relief Fund
Uttarakhand has been struck by a calamity that the state’s chief minister has called a ‘Himalayan Tsunami’.
Thousands are dead and injured. Towns and villages have been crushed. Lives and livelihood have been destroyed. Roads, bridges and communications are cut off.
It will be months, if not years, before the state and its people are back on their feet.
And it will take every hand that can help.
We at Outlook are making a small effort towards this end by setting up the OUTLOOK RELIEF FUND. Each member on our rolls is donating a day’s salary as a gesture of goodwill. The management is also contributing towards the fund.
Outlook invites its readers to contribute generously to mitigate the sufferings of our fellow citizens. Your donation will be handed over to a suitable organisation doing relief work in the state.
Cheques/drafts drawn in favour of "Outlook Relief Fund" should be addressed to:
Outlook Relief Fund
AB-10, Safdarjung Enclave
New Delhi 110 029
Make a difference
We wish to make one lump-sum payment from our Relief Fund in early August. Hence all contributions are requested before 15 August 2013. Payment to the Outlook Relief Fund will be exempt from Income Tax under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act. Every contribution above Rs 5000 will be acknowledged on the pages of Outlook.
- EC Debars NITI Aayog From Holding Gram Sabhas
- Pakistan: 25 Killed, 50 Injured in Blast at Vegetable Market
- Sabotage In Hirakhand Express Derailment?
- Liquor Ban: Massive Human Chain In Bihar
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Long-Range Artillery Gun 'Desi Bofors' To Be First Showcased In Republice Day Parade
- Supreme Court To Examine If Govt Can Allot Land For Religious Structures
- Two Months After Air-Crash, Chapecoense Survivors Lift The Copa Sudamericana
- 'Catastrophe' Declared As Wildfires Rage In Central Chile
- 85-Year-Old Pakistani National Moves To Delhi High Court After Serving A 12-Year Jail Term
- After Jallikattu Success, Chorus Grows For A Lift On Kambala Ban
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Tamil Nadu Governor Approves Ordinance To Hold Jallikattu
- Pakistan Returns Indian Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC After The Surgical Strikes
- Do Dangal Girl Zaira’s Trolls Prove Kashmiri Youth Are Angry With Anything That Steals Their Aazadi Narrative?
- Jallikattu Ban Strikes At Root Of Local Economy Nurturing Super-Healthy Indigenous Breeds Of Bull