Notice Under Rule 184
Friday, 26 August 2011
The Secretary General,
Under Rule 184 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Lok Sabha, I hereby give notice of my intention to move the following motion on an issue of general public interest on dt..
That the House resolves that a Lokpal Bill which will set up an independent Lokpal institution be enacted quickly to effectively deal with the prevailing rampant corruption in the country;
The House further resolves that such a law should have the widest coverage including the Prime Minister with the exception of his National Security and Public Order functions, create an appointment mechanism for the appointing Lokpals which may be independent of the Government domination and provide for an independent and autonomous CBI;
The House again resolves that the appointments and accountability mechanism should be regulated by the National Judicial Commission in respect of the Judiciary;
The House further resolves that such law would cover all levels of Government servants and provide for a framework for setting up of Lokayuktas with similar powers in the States which would also provide for effective redressal of grievances that affect the common people in the country; and while making such a law , due consideration should be given to the provisions contained in Articles 105 and Article 311 of the Constitution.
Leader of Opposition (Lok Sabha)
- Rs 2000 Notes By 'Children's Bank Of India'
- Sutlej-Yamuna Row: SC Asks Punjab, Haryana To Maintain Order
- Amnesty Blames Trump In Global Rollback of Rights.
- US Plans To Deport Undocumented Immigrants
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- India's GDP Projected To Slow To 6.6 Percent Post-Demonetisation, Says IMF
- 'Name And Shame' Doctors Who Did Caesareans Without Medical Reasons, Says Maneka Gandhi
- Another Acronym After SCAM: Amit Shah Merges Congress, SP, BSP To Form KASAB
- Search Operation For Militants In Kashmir Called Off After Stone-Pelting
- Sutlej-Yamuna Canal Row: Supreme Court Asks Punjab, Haryana To Maintain Order
- Supreme Court Asks Google If Uploading Of Obscene Videos Can Be Stopped
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Sleeping Jet Airways Pilot And A Co-Pilot Tuned In To Wrong Frequency Created Scare
- IT Industry To Witness 20-25% Reduction In Jobs In Next 3 Years, Estimates Nasscom
- E. Ahamed’s Daughter Fouzia Emerges As A Political Face In Kerala’s Misogynistic Muslim League
- ABVP Disrupts Seminar Involving Umar Khalid in Ramjas College, Threatens Violence