As New Delhi’s iconic south Indian eatery Sagar Ratna turns 25, owner Jayaram Banan shares the recipe for star client Priyanka Vadra’s favourite dish
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup sooji
- 1/ 2 cup ripe pineapple pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/ 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 6-7 cashews
- 10-12 raisins
- 2 cups water
- 4-5 tbsp. ghee
- Yellow food colour (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Roast sooji, mix it with the sugar and set aside.
- Cut pineapple into very fine pieces.
- Heat ghee and fry the cashew and raisins. Then add pineapple pieces and fry until soft and partially cooked.
- Now, add the water and boil well. Mix in salt and food colour. While the water is boiling, add the sooji-sugar mixture little by little and simmer for a few minutes.
- Take off the heat. Sprinkle cardamom powder and mix well