Oman Airports Management Company (OAMC) recently announced the revised terms and conditions issued by the Omani authorities
Oman Airports Management Company (OAMC) recently announced the revised terms and conditions issued by the Omani authoritieson the granting of non-sponsored tourist visa for the Citizens of India, China and Russia who reside in or who hold an entry visa to one of the these countries – United States of America, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom and Schengen States to enter the Sultanate of Oman. According to the statement, the visa shall be granted for a period of one month for a fee of OMR 20. An additional circular from OAMC added that the spouse and children of the visa holder would also be allowed to enter the Sultanate while accompanying them. Applicants must also have a return ticket and confirmed hotel reservation in order to be granted the visa. Lubaina Sheerazi, India Representative, Ministry of Tourism, Oman, said, “The outbound segment in India is on a rise with the Indian economy booming and increasingly better standards of living. Most Indians typically travel for three to five nights as they want to experience Muscat and beyond. We are certain that the recent change in policies will be favorable for the Indian travelers and Sultanate will see a positive growth in this upcoming festive and holiday season.”
Here are the detailed Terms and Conditions:
1. The visa applicant should hold a passport valid for not less than six months
2. The applicant for the Omani tourist visa should be a resident in, or hold an entry visa to one of the following countries – United States of America, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom & Schengen countries; provided that his/her residence or visa in these countries is valid while filling the visa application
3. The visa applicant should have a return ticket and a confirmed hotel reservation in order to be granted the visa
4. The visa can be availed of, by the spouse (husband/wife) and children of the visa-holder as long as they are accompanying him/her, even if they do not hold a visa from these countries 5. The visa shall be granted for a period of one month against a fee of OMR 20
6. The competent authority may prohibit the citizens of these countries from obtaining a visa, and from entering the Sultanate; even if they meet stipulated terms and conditions, in the light of public interest.
7. Any person that avails of the visa facility and breaches regulations will pay fines in accordance with the terms and provisions of the Foreigners’ Residence Law and the Executive Regulations thereof.