- India Vs West Indies: Pant Included In 14-member ODI Squad For 1st Two Matches; Kohli, Shami Back
- India vs West Indies: Squads And Complete Fixture
- India Vs West Indies, 2nd Test: Live Streaming, TV Listing And Predicted Playing XIs
- IND Vs WI, 2nd Test: Thakur's Debut Turns Into Nightmare, Leaves Field After Bowling 10 Deliveries
- IND Vs WI, 2nd Test: Jubilant Kohli Celebrates Successful Review In Epic Style – Watch
The Board of Control for Cricket (BCCI) on Friday shifted the fourth One-Day International (ODI) match between India and the West Indies from the historic Wankhede Stadium to Brabourne Stadium, owned by the Cricket Club of India (CCI) in Mumbai.
The need for a shift in venue arose after the original host, the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), cited its inability to issue tenders to the vendors, primarily because of financial constraints, for the match.
"Under the instructions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India appointed Committee of Administrators, the fourth One-day International match between India and Windies scheduled on 29th October at Wankhede Stadium has been shifted to Cricket Club of India, Mumbai," the BCCI said in a statement.
Yesterday the MCA officials had met a senior BCCI official and had apprised him of the difficulties. They had even suggested that the Board should host the game.
The Bombay High Court, earlier this year, had appointed a Committee of Administrators for the MCA comprising two retired judges, who relinquished their charge on September 14. Since then, there has been no clarity on who would operate the MCA bank account.
The picturesque Brabourne Stadium, located minutes away from the Wankhede Stadium, has hosted international matches in the past besides practice games of visiting international teams. It last hosted an international game in 2009, a Test match against Australia.
Earlier, the BCCI had shifted the second ODI of the series, scheduled on October 24 from Indore to Visakhapatnam because of issues arising out of complimentary passes for the match.
The five-match ODI series begins in Guwahati on October 21.