Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said that India won't hesitate in entering Pakistan and destroying terror camps if the latter continues to aid and facilitate terrorists' entry into the Indian territory.
Malik's diatribe against Pakistan comes a day after Chief of the Army Staff, General Bipin Rawat, claimed six to ten Pakistani soldiers had been killed and at least 3 terror camps destroyed opposite the Tangdhar and Keran sectors in Jammu and Kashmir in retaliatory action by the Indian forces.
Speaking to news agency ANI, Malik said: "If we are not going act, they (Pakistan) will continue what they have been doing all this while," adding "they might even do it even more."
"We will obliterate all terror camps, and if they don't desist from such acts, we will go inside," Malik said before walking away.
Earlier on Monday, Pakistan military spokesman Major General Asif Ghafoor said Indian Army's assertion that it targeted terror camps in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir was false. He said India is welcome to take any foreign diplomat or media to the site to prove its claim on ground.
"The Indian Army chief's statement claiming destruction of 3 alleged camps is disappointing as he holds a very responsible appointment," Ghafoor said.
"There are no camps let alone targeting those. Indian Embassy in Pakistan is welcome to take any foreign diplomat/media to âÂÂproveâÂÂ it on the ground," he said.
Ghafoor said that the "propensity of false claims by senior Indian military leadership especially since Pulwama incident is detrimental to peace in the region."
âÂÂSuch false claims by the Indian Army are being made to suit vested domestic interests. This is against professional military ethos,âÂÂ Ghafoor said.
For in-depth, objective and more importantly balanced journalism, Click here to subscribe to Outlook Magazine