June 13, 2021
Home  »  Website  »  Arts & Entertainment  »  Salman Khan on Radhe Release: We Might Push It to Next Eid If Lockdown Continues

Salman Khan on Radhe Release: We Might Push It to Next Eid If Lockdown Continues

During a Facebook Live session, Salman Khan said that the movie will be screened theatrically only when the Covid-19 cases come down.

Google + Linkedin Whatsapp
Follow Outlook India On News
Salman Khan on Radhe Release: We Might Push It to Next Eid If Lockdown Continues
Movie Poster
Twitter
Salman Khan on Radhe Release: We Might Push It to Next Eid If Lockdown Continues
outlookindia.com
2021-04-08T08:49:43+05:30

Bollywood superstar Salman Khan on Wednesday said he is trying his best to release his upcoming movie, "Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai", as per the schedule but the film might get postponed if the lockdown in Maharashtra continues. 

The much-anticipated action film is currently scheduled to have a theatrical release on May 13 at the festival of Eid.

During a Facebook Live session, the actor said that the movie will be screened theatrically only when the Covid-19 cases come down. 

"We are still trying our best to release 'Radhe' on Eid. But if the lockdown continues further, then we might have to push it to next Eid. "

"But if it opens up and if people take care of themselves, wear their masks, maintain social distancing, don't go out and don't break any guidelines which the govt has put on us, this will die out very soon. If it does, we will have 'Radhe' back in theatres this Eid," the 55-year-old actor said. 

Khan was speaking at the cover reveal of actor Kabir Bedi's autobiography "Stories I Must Tell".

Directed by Prabhudheva, "Radhe" will also feature Disha Patani, Randeep Hooda and Jackie Shroff.

The actor said people must ensure that state guidelines and safety protocols are strictly followed as lockdown would only mean heavy financial losses for theatre owners and daily wage workers. 

"It's going to be a bad one like it was last year. So, everyone should take this seriously and see that we kill coronavirus and move on in our lives before it kills us all," Khan added. 

The Maharashtra government on Sunday announced a weekend lockdown in the state from 8 pm on Friday to 7 am on Monday in a bid to curb the growing numbers of Covid-19 cases in the state.

The night curfew will continue to be imposed in the state and strict restrictions will be in force from Monday 8 pm onwards.

The new guidelines forced filmmaker Rohit Shetty to postpone the release of his Akshay Kumar-starrer cop drama "Sooryavanshi" yet again. The film was scheduled to release on April 30.

Amitabh Bachchan-starrer "Chehre" and "Bunty Aur Babli 2, featuring Rani Mukerji and Saif Ali Khan, have also been pushed.

On Wednesday, Mumbai reported 10,428 new coronavirus cases and 23 fresh fatalities on Wednesday, which took its caseload to 4,82,760 and death toll to 11,851.

(With inputs from PTI)

 


For in-depth, objective and more importantly balanced journalism, Click here to subscribe to Outlook Magazine
Next Story >>
Google + Linkedin Whatsapp

The Latest Issue

Outlook Videos