- 2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 launched at Rs 10.69 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Dealers had begun accepting bookings in November 2018.
- Deliveries scheduled to begin in March.
- Available in a single colour option - metallic white. It will be sold via the CKD route.
Kawasaki has launched the 2019 Versys 1000 at a price tag of Rs 10.69 lakh (ex-showroom). This makes it about Rs 3 lakh more affordable than the older model. The reduction in price is thanks to Kawasaki’s decision to bring the new Versys 1000 via the CKD route instead of importing it as a completely built unit. The Japanese manufacturer had begun accepting bookings for the new adventure tourer in November last year.
With the updated pricing hovering just above Rs 10 lakh, it is now the most affordable touring-focused adventure tourer out there. It's closest competitors, the Ducati Multistrada 950 and the Honda Africa Twin, retail for Rs 12.8 lakh and 13.23 lakh, respectively (both, ex-showroom Delhi).
Here’s what the company had to say
Kawasaki India reveals price of the Versys 1000
Pune, 12th February 2019: India’s largest premium motorcycle manufacturer Kawasaki announces the price of Versys 1000. Popularly known as “any road, any time”, the Versys 1000, available in pearl flat stardust white/metallic flat spark black colour, will be sold at Rs. 10,69,000 (Ex-Showroom, Delhi). Kawasaki’s Rideology philosophy focuses on rider-centric development of legendary machines. This philosophy is visible in the Versys 1000, a crossover sport model of Ninja 1000, which has engine and chassis designed to maximise riding enjoyment on the street. And to offer sporty riding experience with even greater confidence, new Kawasaki’s top-level electronic rider support, which includes Kawasaki Traction Control (KTRC), Electronic Cruise Control, and Kawasaki Cornering Management Function (KCMF) etc. plays a pivotal role.
Mr. Naoki Matsumoto, Managing Director – India Kawasaki Motors Pvt. Ltd., commented, “The bespoke Versys 1000 has a style of adventure model, but it is most suited for sport riding and long touring. Technically, it is a crossover from the Ninja 1000 with a purpose of thrilling performance with everyday
versatility. I hope our customers explore endless possibilities with the Versys 1000. ”
While the cruise control in the Versys 1000 is ideal for long touring, a highly comfortable seat and good wind protection complement the relaxed riding position which also make it easy to spend a long time in the saddle. Windscreen height can be easily adjusted from the rider’s seat for comfortable highway cruising. Besides, tyres selected for their road sports potential offer superb cornering performance for more fun in the hills, great high-speed stability, and a strong on-road image to go with the Versys 1000’s sporty character.
The “all day, every day” Versys 1000 is manufactured in Kawasaki India’s factory situated in Chakan,
Pune. Customers who booked the Versys 1000 during pre-booking period can expect the delivery of
their motorcycle from March 2019 onwards. New interested buyers can contact their nearest Kawasaki dealer for booking related information or can also send a booking enquiry from the website of India Kawasaki Motors.
Vehicle Features at glance:
- Exciting In-Line Four Engine, based on Ninja 1000, with strong torque at all rpm (especially in the low-mid range), Aluminium twin-tube frame
- Suspension: Updated front and rear suspension settings contribute to plusher feeling
- Radial-Mount Front Brake Calipers
- Twin LED Headlamps
- Adjustable Windscreen
- Handy power source (DC socket for accessory)
- High-Class Instrumentation
- Notable features in Electronic
- Electronic Throttle Valves
- Kawasaki Cornering Management Functions (KCMF)
- Kawasaki Traction Control (KTRC)
- Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS)
- Electronic Cruise Control