With ruling Bharatiya Janata Party heading for an outright majority in Karnataka, Congress ally in Jammu and Kashmir, National Conference, has started making jokes about the EVM tampering.
Et tu #Karnataka.— Omar Abdullah (@OmarAbdullah) May 15, 2018
“Please save this tweet for future reference. If I win it was all my charm & hard work. If I lose it’s all down to those blasted EVMs”, former Chief Minister Omar Abdullah tweeted without naming the Congress party.
Please save this tweet for future reference. If I win it was all my charm & hard work. If I lose it’s all down to those blasted EVMs.— Omar Abdullah (@OmarAbdullah) May 15, 2018
On May 8 at a public rally in Karnataka’s Vijaypura, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had said, “Instead of going among the people, the Congress leaders are thinking about what excuses to make about their certain defeat in the elections. The reasons for their excuse will include faulty EVMs among others.”
As early Tuesday morning the results gave Congress a slight edge in Karnataka, Twitterati came up with jokes around EVM hacking.
But as the day passed and the BJP’s win in Karnataka became much clear, placing the party in far better position ahead of the 2019 elections, Omar tweeted about the EVMs.
The tweet indicates that Omar is not averse to criticizing Congress performance. In December last year, National Conference president Dr Farooq Abdullah had announced that his party would contest the next Assembly election in Jammu and Kashmir on its own. Dr Abdullah had said his party was confident of a massive mandate “on its own, given the support of the people at ground zero.”
National Conference had formed a government with the Congress party after 2008 elections and Omar Abdullah remained Chief Minister of the NC-Congress coalition for the six-year term, which ended in 2014. However, the PDP sees Omar’s tweet as a “preventive measure.” “This party (NC) has strong survival instincts. They smell trouble ahead and take advance preventive measures. The NC working president’s tweet is a preventive measure”, Naeem Akhtar, the PDP senior leader and J&K government spokesman, said.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Tuesday congratulated BJP over its performance in Karnataka assembly elections. “Hearty congratulations to @BJP4India for their stellar performance in Karnataka. #KarnatakaVerdict”, Mehbooba tweeted. The BJP Kashmir unit is going to celebrate the win outside the party headquarters in Jawaharnagar later today.
After His ‘Et tu’ Karnataka Tweet, Omar Cracks EVM Joke On Congress
READ MORE IN:
Next Story : BJP Close To Magic Figure In Karnataka: What Does It Mean For Saffron Party And Congress?
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Days After Demonetisation, Ajit Doval's Son Started Cayman Islands Hedge Fund: Congress
- Govt Curtails Rakesh Asthana's Tenure In CBI With Immediate Effect
- Achieved 10% Quota For EWS Due To Political Will Of My Govt: PM Modi
- SC Allows Tips To Bar Dancers But Bars Showering Of Currency Notes
- Piyush Goyal's 'Vision 2022': Every Citizen Should Get Electricity, Clean Drinking Water, Toilets
- Only Thing That Can Ground Naveen Patnaik This Time Is ‘Problem Of Plenty’
- What Will Be The Effect Of Alliances Against BJP Across India
- Two Mega Film Releases Trigger A Wave Of Crazy Fan Behaviour In Tamil Nadu
- Politics And Public Memory In Kashmir
- Sabarimala Issue May Help BJP Grow In Kerala But Social Reform Is Inevitable
- From Bollywood To South India, What Made Kader Khan A Darling Of Film-Makers
- Back From Gurugram, Yeddyurappa Says BJP Not Involved In Any Bid To Topple Cong-JDS Govt
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Given Life Term In Journalist Murder Case By CBI Court
- Some Opposition Over Citizenship Bill Genuine, But ULFA Wants To Create Trouble: Ram Madhav
- Amit Shah Down With Swine Flu, Congress Leader Mocks His Health
- Will Give My Nephew Chance To Learn, Make Him Join BSP Movement: Mayawati Amid Nepotism Allegation
- AUS Vs IND, 3rd ODI Preview: Kohli & Co Eye Perfect Finish To Historic Tour
- Dark Side Of The #10YearChallenge
- Dhoni Looked A Different Player From Ball One In Adelaide: Tendulkar
- Scientist Says Einstein, Newton Were Wrong, Gravitational Waves Will Be Renamed As 'Narendra Modi Waves'
- 'We Are With You And Your Family': Rahul Gandhi Wishes Arun Jaitley Speedy Recovery
- Swachh Kumbh Falls Flat As Thousands Of Toilets Go Non-Functional On Day 1
- Union Cabinet Approves Rs 3,600 Crore For Setting Up 13 Central Universities
- Only 50% Class V Students Can Read Class 2 Text: Report
- I Regret The Decision Of Proposing Modi As PM Candidate In 2014: Yashwant Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Takes Jibe At Modi, Says Want To Congratulate PM On 'World Famous' Award
- Kumbh Mela Opens At Prayagraj, Thousands Of Devotees Take Holy Dip On Makar Sankranti