With ruling Bharatiya Janata Party heading for an outright majority in Karnataka, Congress ally in Jammu and Kashmir, National Conference, has started making jokes about the EVM tampering.
Et tu #Karnataka.— Omar Abdullah (@OmarAbdullah) May 15, 2018
“Please save this tweet for future reference. If I win it was all my charm & hard work. If I lose it’s all down to those blasted EVMs”, former Chief Minister Omar Abdullah tweeted without naming the Congress party.
Please save this tweet for future reference. If I win it was all my charm & hard work. If I lose it’s all down to those blasted EVMs.— Omar Abdullah (@OmarAbdullah) May 15, 2018
On May 8 at a public rally in Karnataka’s Vijaypura, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had said, “Instead of going among the people, the Congress leaders are thinking about what excuses to make about their certain defeat in the elections. The reasons for their excuse will include faulty EVMs among others.”
As early Tuesday morning the results gave Congress a slight edge in Karnataka, Twitterati came up with jokes around EVM hacking.
But as the day passed and the BJP’s win in Karnataka became much clear, placing the party in far better position ahead of the 2019 elections, Omar tweeted about the EVMs.
The tweet indicates that Omar is not averse to criticizing Congress performance. In December last year, National Conference president Dr Farooq Abdullah had announced that his party would contest the next Assembly election in Jammu and Kashmir on its own. Dr Abdullah had said his party was confident of a massive mandate “on its own, given the support of the people at ground zero.”
National Conference had formed a government with the Congress party after 2008 elections and Omar Abdullah remained Chief Minister of the NC-Congress coalition for the six-year term, which ended in 2014. However, the PDP sees Omar’s tweet as a “preventive measure.” “This party (NC) has strong survival instincts. They smell trouble ahead and take advance preventive measures. The NC working president’s tweet is a preventive measure”, Naeem Akhtar, the PDP senior leader and J&K government spokesman, said.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Tuesday congratulated BJP over its performance in Karnataka assembly elections. “Hearty congratulations to @BJP4India for their stellar performance in Karnataka. #KarnatakaVerdict”, Mehbooba tweeted. The BJP Kashmir unit is going to celebrate the win outside the party headquarters in Jawaharnagar later today.
After His ‘Et tu’ Karnataka Tweet, Omar Cracks EVM Joke On Congress
READ MORE IN:
Next Story : BJP Close To Magic Figure In Karnataka: What Does It Mean For Saffron Party And Congress?
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'Ready To Fight': Priya Ramani Responds To M J Akbar's Defamation Suit Against Her
- Chetan Bhagat Hits Back At Ira Trivedi, Says Don't Harm #MeToo With False Charges
- At Oil Producers Meet, PM Modi Pitches For Producer-Consumer Partnership To Reduce Cost
- As India Ranks 103rd On Global Hunger, Rahul Says PM Modi Forgot To Give Food To People
- Gensets Banned, Emergency Plan To Combat Air Pollution In Delhi-NCR Rolled Out
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- BJP Is Unlikely To Flaunt Its Economic Record In 2019 Election Campaign
- Stinking Toilets In Trains: Blame It On Passengers
- 'Dawshobhuja A Durgachitra' On This Durga Puja
- M J Akbar, Alok Nath Begin Pushback Against #MeToo With Defamation Suits
- CBI Closes Missing JNU Student Najeeb Ahmad's Case
- Watch: 20-Year-Old Hits Six Sixes In An Over, Equals Fastest T20 Half-Century
- BJP Takes Out Rally To Protest Implementation Of Sabarimala Verdict
- #MeToo: In Kerala, AMMA Coddles The Accused In Rape Case
- Not My Battle To Fight: Mallika Dua On Allegations Against Father Vinod Dua
- G D Agarwal Death: Agarwal Community Slams PM Modi For 'Exploiting' River Ganga
- Major General, 6 Others Sentenced To Life In 24-Year-Old Fake Encounter Case
- #MeToo: Veteran Journalist Vinod Dua Accused Of Sexual Harassment
- ED Freezes Bank Accounts Of Greenpeace; Searches Offices In Bengaluru
- Wife Of Judge Succumbs To Injuries After Being Shot At By His Security Guard In Gurugram, Son Critical
- India Vs West Indies, 2nd Test: Umesh Yadav Sends Stumps Flying – Watch