6-Year-Old Girl, Army Jawan Killed In Ceasefire Violations By Pakistan In Poonch, Rajouri
A six-year-old girl and Indian Army soldier lost her life in ceasefire violations by Pakistan along LoC in Poonch's Balakote and Rajouri sector respectively on Monday, according to news agency ANI.
— ANI (@ANI_news) July 17, 2017
The victims have been identified as Sajida Kafeel, 6, and Naik Muddasar Ahmed, who reportedly belonged to J&K's Tral.
In a statement issued from army headquarters, the army said, " Pakistan Army initiated unprovoked firing on Indian Army posts in Rajouri sector at around 0730h today. Indian Army retaliated strongly and effectively. In the fire exchange, Naik Muddasar Ahmed was grievously injured when mortar shells landed on his bunker. He was evacuated to the MI room where he succumbed to his injuries."
The statement further said: "Naik Muddasar Ahmed, 37 years, belonged to Village Duchoo, Tehsil Tral, District Pulwama, J&K and is survived by his wife Mrs Shaheena Muddasar and two children."
It described Naik Muddasar Ahmed as a brave and sincere soldier.
"He loved his job to the core. The nation will always remain indebted to him for the supreme sacrifice and devotion to duty," the army said in its statement.
Meanwhile, Directors General of Military Operations (DGMOs) of India and Pakistan had an exchange over the hotline on Monday with regard to ceasefire violations allegedly being committed by troops of both countries on the Line of Control (LoC) and the International Border (IB) in Jammu and Kashmir.
The request for the DGMO-level talks was made by Pakistan.
During the talks, Pakistan's Director General of Military Operations Major General Sahir Shamshad Mirza reportedly raised the issue of Indian troops targeting their Pakistani counterparts, resulting in the death of four Pakistani soldiers in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK).
- 'My Success Will Be Judged By Critical Lens Of History'
- Money Laundering: NIA Arrests 7 Separatist Leaders
- SC Bars Srinivasan, Shah From Attending BCCI's SGM
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- NDTV Fires Around 70 Staffers, Editors Say The Company Is Shifting To MoJo
- Maharashtra Collector Confirms EVM Malfunctioning In RTI Reply, Votes Went To Lotus Symbol
- Blankets Not Washed in 6-26 Months: CAG Raps Indian Railways For Poor Sanitation, Dirty Linens
- Aurangabad DM Kanwal Tanuj's Shocker: 'If You Can't Build Toilet For Your Wife, Then Sell Or Auction Her'