Ahead of its global debut by the end of this year, Mercedes has started teasing the 2019 GLE. Soon after releasing the official sketches of the GLE’s interior, Mercedes-Benz has now released a teaser video of the SUV on its Facebook page.
The six-second teaser video clip quite a few details of the SUV’s front fascia. For starters, the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE features an AMG-style single-bar front grille, flanked by new angular headlamps that debut the new signature lighting for the brand’s SUV family. It gets two L-shaped LED inserts, something similar to what we have seen on Mercedes’ sedans such as the C-Class, E-Class and the S-Class.
Here is everything else that we know about the upcoming SUV so far:
- The fourth-gen GLE is expected to be underpinned by the MHA platform allowing the SUV to shed some weight
- It will continue to feature the rear quarter glass, which has been a part of the GLE’s design since its inception in 1998
- It will feature a floating-type screen for the digital instrument cluster and the infotainment system
- Leaked images have revealed that there will be four air-con vents in the centre, unlike the current-gen GLE which features one on each side of the infotainment system
- Spy shots also suggest that the RHD version could get a regular circular steering wheel while the LHD version might get a flat-bottom unit. Irrespective of that, the steering wheel will get an array of controls with the option of touch-sensitive panels, like the C-Class facelift
- The centre tunnel of the upcoming GLE will feature two grab handles, as was revealed in the official sketches and leaked images earlier
- As far as the engine options are concerned, the upcoming GLE is expected to share them with the E-Class sedan. It gets 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engines as well as a 3.0-litre V6 diesel unit. All engines are paired with Merc’s 9G-Tronic 9-speed automatic transmission
Expect Mercedes-Benz to launch the new GLE in India in 2019. It is expected to be priced at par with the current-gen GLE, prices for which range from Rs 66.48 lakh to Rs 77.05 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The other SUVs that are priced around the same range include the BMW X5, Volvo XC90, Audi Q7, Porsche Macan, Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Jaguar F-Pace.