Nissan has launched the 2018 version of the Micra and the Micra Active. Both cars get mild aesthetic updates along with some new features. Prices for the 2018 Micra start from Rs 6.19 lakh and go up to Rs 7.90 lakh, while the 2018 Micra Active is priced from Rs 5.03 lakh to Rs 5.98 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom Delhi). Let’s take a quick look at what extra the 2018 Micra twins offer over their previous versions.
- Dual front airbags and rear parking sensors are now standard. However, ABS with EBD and BA are still missing from the base-spec diesel XL D (O) variant
- Gets rear parking camera in XV CVT variant
- New 6.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation in XV variant
- Gets a new rear spoiler in the XV CVT variant and turn indicators on ORVMs in XV variant
Prices of the 2018 Micra are as follows:
2018 Micra Active
The changes on the Micra Active are quite similar to those on the Micra.
- It also gets dual front airbags and rear parking sensors as standard, while ABS with EBD and BA is limited to the top-spec XV variant
- Other similar introductions include a 6.2-inch infotainment system , turn indicators on ORVMs and rear parking sensors, which are also limited to the top-spec XV variant.
- It misses out on rear parking camera and rear spoiler, which have been introduced on the 2018 Micra
Here are the prices of the 2018 Micra Active:
Mechanically, both the Micra models remain unchanged. The Micra continues to come with a 1.2-litre (77PS/104Nm) petrol engine with a CVT and a 1.5-litre (64PS/160Nm) diesel engine with a 5-speed MT. The Micra Active, on the other hand, is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine that makes 68PS/104Nm and can be had only with a 5-speed MT.