2020 has been a roller coaster year. With travel plans cancelled, people discovering new hobbies and passions, lots of time at home, to virtual work culture at its peak, it all happened in these 365 days (or less).
Here is a short 2020 trivia quiz for you, before we say adios to this year. How many can you get right?
1. The world lost Diego Maradona, one of the greatest heroes of football history this year in November. Which of the following places was his hometown?
a. Buenos Aires
d. San Luis
2. The Netflix series ‘The Haunting of Bly Manor’ featuring Victoria Pedretti, released in the later part of 2020. Where is the story of this series set in?a. Germany
3. Which country faced one of its most devastating wildfires this year, with the fire starting in Dec 2019 and continuing into 2020?
4. With 2020 being a landmark year for LGBTQ rights, which of the following legalized gay marriages this year?
d. Costa Rica
5. The Cannes Film Festival, held each year at Cannes, remodelled itself to a quick three day event in October from a grand event initially scheduled from 12 to 23rd May. Where is the city of Cannes located?
6. Published in May 2020, Emily Henry’s Instagram famous book ‘Beach Read’ is the story of two writers living opposite to each other in their respective beach houses. Which of the following places is not the name of a beach?
a. Nissi Beach
b. Ora Beach
c. Conch Beach
d. Marley Beach
7. Which out of the following animals was spotted in the canals of Venice, at the beginning of the worldwide lockdown?
8. ‘The Trial of the ________ 7’, was one of the most critically acclaimed films of 2020. The film is based on the infamous trial of 1969 arising from countercultural protests at the 1968 Democratic National Convention. Where was this convention held, and what’s missing from the name of the film?
d. San Jose
9. Travel writer and historian Jan Morris, who died this year, wrote several books on travel. Which of the following is not written by her?
a. Building Hong Kong
d. Somewhere In France
10. Which country was named the happiest country third year in a row (2018, 2019, 2020)?
11. The appearance and disappearance of the Utah monolith, has caused quite a stir among netizens this year. Which out of the following places is one of the sites where they were spotted?
a. Isle of Wight
b. Isle of Scilly
c. Isle of Man
d. Orkney Islands
12. While Japan is a land popular among tourists for its hospitality, which of the following Japanese city suspended active travel, particularly that by the Chinese, due to the locals complaining about over-tourism?
13. Sunder Nursery bagged the 2020 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Award for Cultural Heritage Conservation. Which city is it placed in?
14. Lilly Collins starrer Netflix film ‘Emily In ______’, is set in which tourist’s paradise?
15. Dalgona Coffee, the whipped drink that took the internet by an absolute storm, was first popularized in?
b. South Korea