Classic Christmas Cake by Master Pâtissier Chef Surendra Negi, Taj Palace, New Delhi
Unsalted butter 200 gms
Brown sugar 200 gms
Eggs 5 no.s
Refined flour 100 gms
Cocoa powder 10 gms
Soaked dry fruit 600 gms
Spice mix 5 gms
Bread crumbs 60 gms
Baking powder 3 gms
Pomegranate molasses 30 gms
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line an 8-inch cake tin with butter and flour or with butter paper.
- Cream the butter and flour together in a bowl until light and airy.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, spices, cocoa powder, baking powder and breadcrumbs.
- To the creamed butter, beat in one egg at a time.
- Gently fold in the soaked dry fruit.
- Add the flour and spice mixture into the wet mixture and combine well.
- Pour in the batter into the prepared cake tin and even out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Once baked, place on a wire rack and allow it to cool.
Roast Turkey by Executive Chef Abhijeet Thakre, Taj City Centre Gurugram
Pepper 1 tbsp
Salt As desired
Quartered onion 1
Celery 1 bunch
Chopped carrots 2
Parsley 1 bunch
Chopped rosemary A few springs
Melted butter ¼ cup
- Rinse the turkey inside and out with water. Pat with kitchen towel to dry.
- Mix lemon juice, carrots, onions, rosemary and seasoning in a bowl. Marinate the turkey well and set aside for 3 hrs in the refrigerator.
- Stuff the turkey with onion, parsley, carrots and celery and tie using a kitchen string. Place the turkey in a baking pan and cover with foil.
- Cover with aluminium foil.
- Cook the turkey on medium in a pre-heated oven for about 2 hrs at 350 degrees.
- Reduce the heat to 300 degrees and cook for another 30 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the foil and cook for 15 mins at 500 degrees. Baste the turkey with its own fat during this time.
- Allow the turkey to rest for an hour.
Making Turkey Gravy
- Scrape off the drippings from the baking pan and put them into a saute pan.
- Adjust seasoning, blend it inside a blender, strain & serve hot with turkey.