The holiday season is here again. And we cannot get enough of the cook-at-home recipes from our favourite restaurants. In our second part of the Christmas recipes series, we bring you the best from Olly in Gurgaon. Chef Jyotika Malik shares a recipe of stuffed chicken breast and yule log from her treasure trove.
Stuffed Chicken Breast
2 chicken breasts
250 gm baby spinach
50 gm cheddar cheese
20 gs cream cheese
15 gm sundried tomato
30 gm onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper to taste
15 ml olive oil
100 ml red wine sauce
150 gm baby potatoes
100 gm French beans
* Slightly flatten the chicken breast and season with salt and pepper.
* Saute baby spinach in olive oil with onion and garlic.
* Make a filling with the above mix, and sun-dried tomato, cream cheese and cheddar.
* Stuff the breast with the above mix.
* Sear the chicken on pan with butter and finish cooking in the oven.
* Saute beans and potatoes in butter and season.
* Serve with some red wine sauce.
3 tbsp castor sugar
4 tbsp flour
2 tsp cocoa powder
200 ml whipping cream
50 grams icing sugar
150 grams cherries, pitted
200 grams dark chocolate
120 ml cooking cream
20 g butter
* Set the oven at 200C. Line a Swiss roll tin with baking paper. Cream the sugar and eggs in a bowl till light and fluffy. Add in sifted flour and cocoa powder and fold. Pour into the tin and spread evenly and bake for 7-9 minutes. Cool.
* For the filling, whip the cream and add the icing sugar to it. Add in chopped cherry pieces.
* Spread this over the cool sponge and roll the sponge.
* For the ganache, melt the chocolate and butter and pour hot cream on it and cool till spreading consistency.
* With a star nozzle, pipe lines of the ganache lengthways to give a bark effect. Garnish with holly leaves and cherries.