South African Airways, has introduced ‘Social Check-In’, a creative method that allows guests to manage an online check-in through their Facebook profiles. In doing so, guests are able to share their own profile while also checking other traveller profiles and choosing seats based on matching interests.
A simple process, Social Check-In entails guests to check in online on www.flysaa.com or m.flysaa.com and fill-in their flight details. It is up to you how much information you share about yourself.For further privacy details you can check their website.
Social Check-In allows passengers to enjoy their journey and experience, seated beside someone they are comfortable with while also giving them a chance to meet and socialize with like-minded people,” said Sajid Khan, Country Manager – India.
How does it work?
- 1) Simply share your Facebook details while you are busy checking in.
- 2) Select your profile details that you wish to share with other passengers and add your travel details
Next, a seat map will show you:
- 3) Other passengers’ profile details
- 4) The seats they have chosen
- 5) Available seats – you can now select seats to people with the same interests or going to the same events.