Opportunity to invest in global market leaders
- ICICI Prudential NASDAQ 100 Index Fund, an open-ended index fund replicates the NASDAQ-100 Index® providing exposure to 100 largest globally leading non-financial companies
- Suitable for investors seeking global equity market exposure and potential hedge against rupee depreciation vs Dollar
- NFO opens September 27, 2021, and closes on October 11, 2021
- Minimum investment required during NFO: Rs. 1000/-
ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund has announced the launch of ICICI Prudential NASDAQ 100 Index Fund, an open-ended index fund replicating the NASDAQ-100 index®. The scheme provides exposure to 100 largest globally leading non-financial companies and aims to track returns of the NASDAQ-100 Index®, subject to tracking error.
Speaking on the launch of the product, Mr. Chintan Haria, Head- Product Development & Strategy, ICICI Prudential AMC said, “ICICI Prudential NASDAQ 100 Index Fund is the first global based offering in our passive universe. It is an open ended index fund that aims to track the NASDAQ-100 index® and replicate the performance of its constituents. Nasdaq-100 Index® mainly includes innovation led technology and communications services companies; many of which are part of our day to day lives like Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Alphabet, Facebook, Netflix, Starbucks. This offering is suitable for investors looking for geographical diversification in their equity allocation in Index Funds.”
Why should investors consider ICICI Prudential NASDAQ-100 Index Fund?
- Access to globally leading companies that maintain dominant positions in the market
- With a market cap of $18T, this index has outperformed broad market in US
- NASDAQ-100 Index® has grown ~ 4x times in last two decades
- Potential hedge against Rupee Depreciation vs Dollar
- NASDAQ-100 Index® has relatively lower correlation with Indian equity indices.
Markets around the globe perform differently each year, thus diversification to international markets may enable investors to earn better returns. There is several advantage of investing in US markets. Not only is it a developed country with mature markets and highest share in global equity markets (59%), US is also a market which provides investors with an opportunity to invest into themes such as cloud computing, ecommerce, artificial intelligence etc. which is not much available in the domestic markets. Data Source: BofA Global Research Report.
About the Index
The Nasdaq-100 Index®is one of the world’s preeminent large-cap growth indexes and is home to some of the most innovative companies globally. The Index reflects companies across major industry groups including computer hardware and software, telecommunications, retail/wholesale trade and biotechnology. The index composition is reviewed on an annual basis in December. In terms of weightages; the index is largely skewed towards technology stocks (44%). The constituents of NASDAQ100 index® have grown the value of their patents by 900% since May 2007