STD dating sites are becoming popular due to the ever-increasing number of people with STDs. As people with STDs learn to live with their condition, they are in search of legit STD dating apps. A dedicated dating app for people with herpes will ensure they have a satisfactory and meaningful relationship. PositiveSingles is an online std and herpes dating site that focuses on providing a secure and enjoyable dating environment. 30% of its user base are females while males make up for 70% of the members at this herpes dating site. Here is more on the site, its features, pros, and cons.
How it works
The main attraction of positive singles sign in and the quick signup process is easy. You need to provide basic personal details like your email, age, name, gender, and your preferences.
The type of STD you have along with details like your height and ethnicity are also required for completing the process.
To make your profile stand out, the service provides a standard box to write about yourself and what you are looking for in a partner along with a quirky title.
Once you have the profile completed, you can move on to the matchmaking part. Filters and other features help in finding potential matches quickly. The filters are more detailed with the paid membership plans.
You can find matches by zip code, location, education level, and more. With the site having more than 2,088,700 people with herpes and STD finding a match is easier and the matching algorithm makes matchmaking a quick process.
What Does It Cost
Premium membership cost is based on the length of membership. The expenses involved are one-time and are as follows:
- One-month membership: $29.95/month
- Three months membership: $19.98/month
- Six months membership: $15.99/month
Pros and Cons that Make PositiveSingles Unique
From our review, here are the main pros and cons of PositiveSingles that make it a unique STDdating site.
- Offers more than 40 features under the upgraded account
- Minimal spam messages when compared to competitor sites
- Free users can respond to messages from premium members
- Strong privacy and security features
- Features for free users are limited
- The service is more expensive than its competitors
- Many profiles do not have photos
- The search option concerning distance or location does not work properly
Some of the key features that give an edge to PositiveSingles are given below:
- Spark feature allows viewing of profile photo, age, diagnosis, and location of a member. You can pass or like the profile before you can view the next profile. This feature allows limited passes or likes for free members and an unlimited number for premium members.
- Search feature functions are limited for the free members (age, gender, and location), but for the premium subscribers, filters like religion, body type, type of STD (herpes, hsv, hpv, etc), relationship status, and more are present.
- Chatroom is available only for paid membership and a diverse range of topics are discussed here.
- Members’ Events allows free and paid members to post events on the site’s feed. Only verified members are allowed to post.
- Members’ Blog allows users to converse about their condition, and dating issues, ask for advice, and more.
- The First Date Ideas feature is unique to this site which members can search by age group.
- Treatment stories and Care location features provide important information on medication, efficacy, side effects, and healthcare locations nearby.
- Dating Advisor and Quick Exit are other features that help in a better STD dating experience.
If you are in search of a dating app for people with herpes, std, hpv and hsv singles in a safe and secure environment, this positive dating website is a good choice to consider. It has features that help in finding the right companion for the short or long term.
The basic features are very limited for free users and comprise profile creation, answering messages, basic search, and wink. Premium users can enjoy a diverse range like initiating a chat, accessing counseling, turning on the invisible mode, and making a quick exit.
Try out PositiveSingles to find out whether it is the right match for you. If not, we have some equally good alternatives you can check out.
Reviews of Alternatives to PositiveSingles
Many other sites offer a similar service as PositiveSingles so there is no dearth of choices when it comes to finding STD dating apps. PositiveSingles.com has some really good features but if you are in search of PositiveSingles alternatives, we have listed a few here:
As the name suggests, this is a dating app for people with herpes and not for those with other STD conditions. It boasts a safe and secure dating space mainly for people in the United States. A free signup process is present for this herpes dating site.
You can start a conversation or send messages only with a paid membership here. The forum and informational blog provide a comfortable and inclusive environment for STD dating. Other features are more or less similar in both herpes dating sites.
Pozmatch offers full profile creation as seen in PositiveSingles. On the plus side, this hiv dating site has been live since 1998 and has features that help you find companionship, love, and friendship in a safe environment.
But as with MPWH, you cannot send messages or chat with other members using the free trial. Further, this hiv dating website is focused mainly on HIV-positive individuals. If you are looking for inclusive STD dating apps, then PositiveSingles is a better choice to consider.
Meet Positives is a relatively new site for herpes dating. It is a non-discriminatory site that provides enough information in the profile to know about the condition of the members and other relevant details upfront.
While the features are not as extensive as PositiveSingles, it has a free premium membership plan for three months that is offered for the first 10,000 subscribers. Once this offer ends, the service does not provide a free basic plan.
Disclaimer: The above is a sponsored post, the views expressed are those of the sponsor/author and do not represent the stand and views of Outlook Editorial.