The ChillWell portable ac (commonly misspelled as Chilwell), is one hell of a popular air cooler. It has gone on to become a bestseller in the United States as many households have sought a less expensive, more cost-effective way to beat the heat. However, there are various unanswered or varying responses to certain questions about the device, such as whether ChillWell is an air conditioner, how it works, safety tips, its real worth, pros and cons, does ChillWell ac chill well (pun intended), and what a customer should know before making their purchase.
Here is my ChillWell ac review and verdict on the portable air cooler. And from a customer viewpoint, you will get every nitty-gritty detail about the device with no BS claims or hype and be able to make your buying decision. Let's get started!
ChillWell Portable AC Reviews
ChillWell portable AC is a portable air cooler and NOT an air conditioner. The mechanism and output of an air cooler are far from a traditional air conditioner, so there shouldn't be a mix-up.
ChillWell portable AC was made for one purpose: to keep you cool anywhere you are without piling up on your electric bills! To achieve this, it is lightweight and portable for easy transport, rechargeable, and very energy-efficient. It utilizes "hydro-chill" technology, which is the use of moisture to create a cooling effect.
ChillWell air coolers have a water tank for this reason, dual cooling jets, and a cooling cartridge.
The ChillWell portable ac has a rather rich specification that could easily be misconstrued, so pay attention to the following details as they are what to expect when you place an order for the device.
It is Portable: This might sound cliche since "portable" is indeed added to its name; however, it's ideal to know the specific dimension. The portable air cooler is 6.69"(L) x 5.71"(W) x 6.30"(H) and weighs 1 lb 13.5 oz. Now, here's one of the cool features I love, the fact that I can take it anywhere around the house easily, from the study to the office and my bedroom, unlike the fixed air conditioner in the wall.
Rechargeable: On a full charge that takes 5 hours or less, the ChillWell ac can run for about 12 hours, depending on the fan speed. There are 4-speed options - Low, Medium, High, and Turbo - and the lower the speed, the longer the battery lasts. It uses a USB – C charging cable that is included in the package.
Battery Type: It is a 2000mAh AC100-120V, DC5V, 1.5-2.0A Li-on battery.
Fast Cooling: The cooling effect is fast felt within seconds to a minute. Just be sure to position the device close to your body. I keep mine on my desk, kitchen counter, or nightstand as I noticed that when it's kept far away, you may not feel the cool air.
Adjustable Vent: You can direct the air as you wish without needing to change the position of the air cooler. Similar to the air vents in your car, you can adjust the ChillWell portable ac airflow to where you need it.
Low Noise: Kindly note that 'low' noise is different from 'no' noise. With working parts, you shouldn't even expect the device to be mute. However, the noise is low and shouldn't be a form of disturbance while in use. I would have given the actual decibels (dB) per fan speed if I could but I promise that it is close to being noiseless.
Water Tank (550 ml Capacity): So, you need to have water in the tank before using the air cooler. With 550ml volume capacity, you wouldn't need to always exhaust a full tank on every use.
LED Night Light: The LED chamber t adds color to the device and looks appealing when in use. The colors are White, Teal, Purple, Blue, Red, Yellow, and Green. If you aren't in the mood for it, you can turn it off. The step is in the manual.
Replaceable Cooling Cartridge: The cooling cartridge is meant to be soaked and put back into the device. When I need some great cooling at the low fan speed to preserve the charge, I freeze the cooling cartridge. It is recommended you replace yours at most every 3-4 months.
Works as a Humidifier: ChillWell acts as a portable ac and a humidifier to increase the moisture in a room. Does the air feel dry? Your portable humidifier is ready for use, especially in the summer when the heat gets scorching.
Saves Energy: Imagine using your split air conditioner all day. The energy consumed will be high, and you have to stay right in the room or area where the cooling can be felt. Well, in the case of ChillWell ac, you can take it anywhere, even outside the house, and the power consumption is way lower. It is a compact-sized device without cumbersome parts that require enough power to use. You won't miss the difference in your electricity consumption.
Where to Buy ChillWell Portable AC
In this age of Artificial intelligence (AI), it takes a couple of clicks and command prompts to clone an existing website to the teeth, all in a bid to lure unsuspecting customers and take a record of their details like email, address, and payment method.
One has to stay fully diligent especially when making payments away from popular and trusted stores like Amazon. Matter of fact, ChillWell portable ac isn't sold officially on Amazon, Walmart, eBay, etc. by the manufacturer but by third-party resellers. DO NOT BUY FROM RESELLERS! Some are out to sell knockoffs that do not work. MAKE SURE you are making a purchase from the official ChillWell website at the best offers. There are the prices:
● 1 X CHILLWELL PORTABLE AC: $89.99
● 2 CHILLWELL AC UNITS: $179.99
● 3 UNITS: $201.99
● 4 UNITS: $269.99
There are links to the official website scattered around in this article. Once you click any, you'll be sent to the checkout page of the official website. Next, select the quantity of choice and provide details like your first and last name, email, phone number, and address. You can proceed to pay with your card or via PayPal.
Pros and Cons
If I were asked about the advantages and disadvantages that I've observed since I began using my ChillWell portable AC units, there are what I'd say, starting with the Pros:
● No Required Installation: You do not need to spend extra money hiring a technician to help install the air cooler. It has a DIY mode of use and doesn't require being fixed to several parts or apparatus to function. It's easy and fast to set up and have it running.
● Requires Little Maintenance: Likewise the installation, the maintenance can be done yourself, and it isn't complex. Simply clean the body, check the tank and clean it (if needed) with a bendable brush, wash the cartridge, clean the fan, and you're good to go!
● ChillWell is Available on the Website: It will take less than 3 minutes after reading this ChillWell portable ac reviews to become a ChillWell ac owner. Click on any of the official website links and get to the company's webpage, which is the only recommended point of sale for this device, and order now. I've made numerous orders as gifts to family members from there within minutes and they got delivered in a couple of days.
● There is a 60-day Return Guarantee: 60 days after receiving the package and trying it out if, for any reason (damaged, faulty, etc.) you are not satisfied, you should reach out to the Chilwell customer service and claim your entitled return and refund with no questions asked.
● Visually Appealing: One of the less talked about perks of the air cooler is the aesthetic and how it fits in every background. At night, the LED lighting just makes everything better. It blends just right at home and in the office.
● Cost-Friendly: For a portable ac that keeps me cool for hours and serves as a personal alternative to using my LG air conditioner, I believe it's worth every penny. Being under $100 a unit, it's a steal!
● Quality Air: The cooling cartridge ensures that the air that touches your skin is cool, fresh, and free of dust and particles.
● Varying Fan Speed: You are in control of just how fast or slow you need the fan to be and the level of cooling you require. The higher the speed setting, the more energy is consumed on a full charge.
● Being called a portable Ac, it's easy to think of it as an air conditioner. ChillWell portable ac is a portable air cooler.
● One unit will not cool a large room area
● Refilling the water tank needs extra carefulness to avoid causing spillage
● It could be a tad annoying having to always fill up the water tank
● Due to increased demand, I've experienced several out-of-stock notices on the official website
● It is not officially sold anywhere else than the company's official website.
ChillWell AC Instructions
Let me provide a rundown on how to set up, use, and maintain your ChillWell ac unit. Let's begin with what's enclosed in the delivery package:
1. The ChillWell portable ac unit
2. The cooling cartridge
3. The USB-C cable
4. Quick start guide
Once you get these out of the box, the next thing to do is to charge the unit. There's a USB port located at the back of the device. Since only the cable is provided, you need to source for it. You can simply use your charger adapter, laptop, PlayStation, etc. Plug the other end and let it get a full charge. While charging, a light will keep blinking and will stay still when it is 100% charged.
How to Set Up Your Unit for Use
After a full charge, you're ready to use your air cooler.
1. First, pull out the cartridge drawer from underneath the air vent to take out the cartridge.
2. Soak the cooling cartridge under running water and put it back into the drawer but if you need heightened cooling, keep the soaked cartridge in the freezer to get frozen before returning it to the drawer.
3. Close the drawer
4. Fill up the water tank. If you also like, you can take out the tank lid, put some ice cubes into the tank, put the lid back, and then fill up the tank. If this is too much, you can simply fill up the tank with ice water.
5. Press the button with a 'fan blade' symbol to turn on the device. Keep pressing to change the speed, but the 4th press will turn the device off.
6. The most extreme fan speed (turbo) can be activated by pressing the "+" button.
7. Use the air vent tab to adjust the direction of airflow.
8. Choose your preferred light color by pressing the button with the symbol that looks like the sun (light symbol, I guess).
9. The 'snowflake' button will move you from HIGH cooling mode to LOW cooling mode and vice-versa.
10. Enjoy the cool breeze!
How to Maintain Your Unit
Next is maintenance. It is crucial to maintain your unit to avoid damage, less effectiveness, electric shock, and more. Here are a few tips to follow:
● Wash the cartridge (bi-weekly for me) with soap and running water gently with your hand and leave it to dry. After 3 months of use, it is recommended that you get a replacement cartridge.
● You can use a soft brush and cloth to clean the unit in and out.
● Always use the portable ac on a flat surface and dry surrounding
● Avoid water spillage when filling the tank
● Ensure that the cable is dry before use
● Do not put foreign or weird liquid in the water tank
● Do not place items on the portable ac
● Don't place the device in direct sunlight for an extended period.
Chilwell Customer Service Number
For inquiries, order queries, and whatever the case may be, you need to get in touch with the ChillWell customer service number. You can send an email to [email protected] or call 1-888-998-6324.
ChillWell AC Canada
If you reside in the polite country of Canada and looking to order the air cooler, ChillWell ac reviews aren't restricted to the US alone. The official website is one and the same. However, I'm unsure of the delivery duration but it makes sense to take longer, give or take 2 weeks.
The Instruction Manual
The instruction manual is available in PDF format for your convenience. It is a guide on how to manage and maintain your ChillWell ac unit and has supporting visuals for better representation. The link is embedded in the footer section/bottom of the official website.
Is your order taking longer than expected or if you're like me when expecting a delivery, anxious about when it will come? You can either call the customer care team or use the order status page to track your order by using wither your billing information, phone number, webstore order number, or fulfillment order number. The Order status link is at the bottom of the official ChillWell website.
ChillWell Portable AC Cartridge Replacement
The replacement should be after 3 months of constant use, as instructed in the manual to ensure the proper functioning of the air cooler. You can reach out via email to [email protected] for instructions on how to order your replacement. Payment can be online on the cartridge website and it costs about 30 bucks.
The Heat Wave Effects
The heat wave stays on a rise each year, and the condition tends to get so unbearable. Severe heat also affects the body in many ways and it isn't uncommon to feel dizzy, headache, and dehydrated. However, the WHO has advised on ways to survive the heat, including resting, staying in a cool environment, avoiding strenuous physical activity, staying indoors during the hottest time of the day, staying hydrated (water and fruit juice), and refueling of your electrolytes.
Did you know that each year in the US alone, an average of 688 deaths are recorded? (stats from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC]). This is because heat stroke can cause major organ damage and fatal dehydration. Staying cool shouldn't be compromised in any way.
ChillWell portable AC won't have you freezing as much as your air conditioner, but it is handy and very helpful, especially during the summer. It is a low-power-consuming cooling on demand and is very easy to use anywhere. Just have it fully charged, filled with water in the tank, and it's ready for use. It doesn't get better than this. Trust me.
ChillWell Portable Ac Walmart, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, Target Store
It can be alluring to purchase ChillWell Portable AC from Amazon, Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowe's, or other vendors. However, to ensure you are getting the genuine item, it is strongly advised that you purchase the air cooler ONLY from the official website. With an order number, you may track your shipment after purchase and get in touch with customer service for any post-purchase reason. You are vulnerable to tricksters if you purchase from third-party resellers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some questions asked and their direct answers:
"Is ChillWell ac worth it?"
- For an air cooler with the specifications and pros ChillWell ac possesses, it is definitely worth buying.
"How long to charge chilwell"
- It takes ChillWell portable ac about 5 hours or less to achieve a full charge and about 12 hours of use
"Why does my chilwell leak?"
- This is a result of damage. If you noticed it leaking when it first got delivered, then you got a damaged unit and can request a replacement.
"Is ChillWell portable ac legit?"
- It is, indeed. It meets up to its claim to cool up a personal space within seconds.
"How much does chilwell cost?"
"Where to buy chilwell in Canada"
- All purchases should be made on the company's official website.
Conclusion on ChillWell/Chilwell Portable AC Reviews Consumer Reports
ChillWell portable ac (commonly misspelled as Chilwell) is a compact-sized easily transportable air cooler that uses hydro-chill tech to add moisture to the air and cool the surrounding area. ChillWell AC has an average rating of 4.58 out of 5.0 from more than 60,000 reviews by customers across the US and Canada.
It is versatile as it also doubles as a humidifier. ChillWell ac is an energy-saver and a more cost-effective way to stay cool during the heat. It costs $89.99 for a unit on the official website but goes as low as $67.50 a unit when you buy up to 4 air coolers at a go, which is ideal when gifting family and friends. Also, there is a 60-day return guarantee on every order.
All content, including text and graphics shown on this page, is strictly for general information purposes only. ChillWell AC manufacturers have no hand in its creation, and information may be subject to change without prior notification to readers.
The ChillWell AC is an air cooler for personal space and not an air conditioner for the entire room. It is ideal to provide you with a personal cooling experience throughout the summertime.
Please Visit the ChillWell AC official company website with the links provided on this page to verify recent data before buying ChillWell AC.
The links contained in this product review may result in a small commission if you decide to purchase the product recommended at no extra cost to you.
Disclaimer : The above is a sponsored post, the views expressed are those of the sponsor/author and do not represent the stand and views of Outlook Editorial.