When looking for the best crypto poker sites, there are sometimes too many things to take care of. And we all know how overwhelming that can be, especially if you’re a beginner. Our team noticed this problem and decided to do all the work for you. Aside from our online crypto poker top list, you’ll get all the info you need to know to get started. Sounds good?
Our Top Crypto Poker Site Picks for US Players
Here are the best crypto poker sites that we've found in 2023:
A long-time favorite amongst US players, Ignition Casino knows how to provide both quality and diversity. If you like video poker games, there are a couple of titles in the main lobby. But the separate lobby, called Ignition Poker, is where the real fun lies. There are several different variants, alongside multiplayer options, tournaments, and much more.
Even the bonuses cater towards poker, specifically cryptos. It all starts with a generous welcome bonus, followed by regular reloads and even a VIP program. But most of all, we liked how easy it is to navigate the site. Therefore, we’d say this is one of the best poker sites for beginners.
Another long-time US staple, BetOnline is perhaps better known for its sportsbook and online casino. But make no mistake, they are stellar in the poker department, as well. We love the fact they have a dedicated Android app alongside the already well-known iOS browser version. The gameplay UI is simple and lightweight, making the adjustments as minimal as possible.
BetOnline also gets bonus points for its daily poker tournaments. Most of them are Sit n’ Gos, and the prizes are not too shabby either. Overall, this is definitely one of the most fun sites for Bitcoin holders. If you also have some altcoins, they accept plenty of them, too.
In terms of cryptos, few poker sites can match what Americas Cardroom has to offer. Not only do they accept BTC, ETH, and BCH, but they’re also by far the best option for altcoins. You can deposit and withdraw with XRP, ADA, SHIB, and 50+ others. This includes some very obscure cryptos, such as Nem, Monacoin, Bitcoin Gold, and Monero.
Poker-wise, Wild Casino mostly focuses on high-stakes tournaments and daily action. They focus on a couple of different game types but generally hedge their success on Texas Hold’em. Overall, we like the usability of the site, as well as the friendly and knowledgeable support agents. Without a doubt, this is one of the best crypto poker sites you can find.
What Are Cryptocurrencies and How Do They Work?
Cryptocurrencies are like digital money that you can use to make transactions online. Instead of physical coins or bills, they exist only in digital form. They are secured using complex mathematical algorithms, making them safe and difficult to counterfeit.
These currencies work on a decentralized system called the blockchain. Imagine a digital ledger that keeps a record of all transactions. Instead of being controlled by a central authority like a bank, the ledger is maintained by a network of computers spread worldwide. Thus, no single bank or organization can manipulate the currency. Only its users and the laws of supply and demand keep cryptos and their prices afloat.
When you make a transaction with a cryptocurrency, it gets added to the blockchain as a "block." This block contains information about the transaction, such as the sender, receiver, and the amount. The network of computers verifies and approves the transaction, ensuring its accuracy and security.
Bitcoin was created in 2010 and is known as the first cryptocurrency. Since then, thousands of different coins were launched, each with different objectives, market cap, and architecture. This gives players at the best crypto poker sites plenty of options. As long as you stick to either big coins or utility ones, you’ll be fine.
Are Cryptos Really Safer Than E-wallets and Cards?
This is a question most newcomers at crypto poker sites tend to ask. With so many rug pulls, scams, and fraudulent crypto movements, it’s a completely valid concern to have. So, let’s take a look at what each of these options does to secure its users.
● Cryptocurrencies: Decentralized and secured using encryption. Transactions are difficult to counterfeit or manipulate. The security of your cryptocurrencies relies on the protection of your digital wallet and private keys.
● E-wallets: E-wallets offer a layer of security by keeping your financial information separate from the poker site. They typically employ encryption and anti-fraud measures. Security can be reliant on factors such as password strength, two-factor authentication, and adherence to best security practices.
● Cards: Using credit or debit cards requires sharing your card details with the poker site. Reputable sites implement encryption to secure transactions. However, there is a risk of card information being exposed in data breaches or unauthorized access to the site's systems.
Overall, cryptocurrencies provide the highest level of security due to their decentralized nature and encryption technology. Every transaction is placed onto the blockchain, from where it can never be removed or even altered. And besides, many of the risks involved with playing at the best crypto poker sites are due to specific coins.
What Cryptocurrencies Can You Use at the Best Crypto Poker Sites?
Speaking of specific coins, there are literally thousands of them. Some advertise themselves as the next big investment, while others look to offer unique features and solutions to specific problems. With that in mind, here are the most common coins you’ll find at crypto poker sites:
Bitcoin is the first and most widely recognized cryptocurrency, offering secure and decentralized transactions. It's widely accepted and provides a reliable option for poker players at crypto poker sites.
Ethereum is a blockchain platform that supports smart contracts. Its native cryptocurrency, Ether, is used for transactions on the Ethereum network and has gained popularity as a payment method at crypto poker sites.
Created as a "lite" version of Bitcoin, Litecoin offers faster transaction confirmation times and a different hashing algorithm. It has established itself as a popular cryptocurrency for online transactions, including poker.
Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
Bitcoin Cash is a cryptocurrency that emerged as a result of a hard fork from Bitcoin. It aims to offer faster and cheaper transactions, making it a viable option for poker players seeking efficiency.
Ripple is both a payment protocol and a cryptocurrency. It focuses on facilitating fast and low-cost international money transfers. While not as commonly used as Bitcoin or Ethereum, some crypto poker sites accept Ripple as a payment option.
Cardano is a blockchain platform known for its focus on security and scalability. Its native cryptocurrency, ADA, is used for transactions within the Cardano ecosystem and is gaining traction as a payment method at crypto poker sites.
Binance Coin (BNB)
Binance Coin is the native cryptocurrency of the Binance exchange. While primarily used for trading, it has expanded its utility to include various applications, including as a payment method at some crypto poker sites affiliated with the Binance ecosystem.
Tether is a stablecoin that aims to maintain a value equivalent to the U.S. dollar. It provides stability to poker players by offering a cryptocurrency with a predictable value. USDT has gained popularity as a commonly accepted cryptocurrency at many crypto poker sites due to its stability and ease of use.
How to Choose the Best Crypto Poker Site in 2023
Although our top list makes this section seem redundant, it’s actually not. At the end of the day, the rankings on this page are just a collection of our experts’ opinions. Sure, we have plenty of standardized tests and bespoke testing methods. But that’s all pointless if you don’t find the right fit. While scrolling through our recommendations, focus on the following:
1. Security: No matter your preferences, the site must take the necessary security precautions. To protect yourself, use strong passwords, enable two-factor authentication on your wallet and poker site account, and keep your wallet and private keys secure. Be cautious of phishing attempts or suspicious links, too.
2. Depositing with your favorite coin: Verify that the crypto poker site accepts the specific cryptocurrency you hold. Not all sites support all cryptocurrencies, so ensure your preferred one is compatible. Sometimes, a site might only support a specific blockchain, such as ERC-20.
3. Game Selection and Traffic: Check the available game types, variants, and stakes offered by the crypto poker site. Also, consider the site's traffic levels, as higher player activity can lead to more game options and better tournament prize pools.
4. Bonuses and Promotions: Review the site's bonuses, promotions, and loyalty programs. These can provide additional value and rewards for your gameplay. Understand the terms and conditions, wagering requirements, and any restrictions on bonus funds.
5. Responsible Gambling: Set limits on your deposits, losses, and playing time. Practice responsible gambling by only using funds you can afford to lose. Be aware of the potential risks associated with gambling and seek support if needed.
6. Withdrawal Policies: Understand the crypto poker site's withdrawal policies, including any fees, processing times, and minimum/maximum withdrawal amounts. Ensure you can comfortably withdraw your funds when needed.
7. Terms and Conditions: Read and understand the site's terms and conditions, including its policies on account suspension, fraud prevention, and dispute resolution. This ensures you are aware of your rights and responsibilities as a player.
Getting Started at the Best Crypto Poker Sites
Congratulations, now you know what cryptos are, why they’re secure and what options are there. Although it seems like much, that’s just preparation for the main event. This is, of course, purchasing crypto and depositing it to your account.
If you don’t know how to do this — don’t worry; we’ve all been there. That’s why our experts prepared a detailed step-by-step guide on how to get started at the best crypto poker sites. Here’s what you have to do:
1. Set Up a Crypto Wallet
● Choose a reliable cryptocurrency wallet that supports the specific cryptocurrency you plan to use. Popular options include Coinbase, Exodus, or Ledger.
● Follow the wallet provider's instructions to create a new wallet. This typically involves setting up a username, strong password, and recovery phrases.
2. Verify Your Wallet
● Complete any necessary verification steps to secure your wallet. This may include enabling two-factor authentication or providing additional personal information.
3. Choose a Crypto Exchange
● Select a reputable crypto exchange platform where you can purchase the desired cryptocurrency. Examples include Coinbase, Binance, or Kraken.
● Create an account on the chosen exchange, complete the verification process, and link a payment method like a bank account or credit card.
4. Purchase Cryptocurrency
● Deposit funds into your exchange account using the linked payment method.
● Navigate to the exchange's trading platform and search for the desired cryptocurrency (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum).
● Enter the amount of cryptocurrency you wish to purchase and complete the transaction.
5. Withdraw Cryptocurrency to Your Wallet
● Once the purchase is complete, withdraw the purchased cryptocurrency from the exchange to your personal wallet.
● Provide your wallet address in the withdrawal process on the exchange and confirm the transaction. The cryptocurrency will be sent to your wallet.
6. Choose a Crypto Poker Site
● Research and choose a reputable crypto poker site that supports the specific cryptocurrency you hold. Consider factors such as reputation, game variety, bonuses, and user reviews.
7. Create an Account at the Poker Site
● Sign up for an account on the chosen crypto poker site. Provide the required information, including username, password, and email address.
8. Deposit Cryptocurrency to the Poker Site
● Navigate to the "Deposit" or "Cashier" section of the poker site.
● Select the cryptocurrency you wish to deposit and generate a unique deposit address.
● Go to your crypto wallet and initiate a transaction to send the desired amount of cryptocurrency to the deposit address provided by the poker site.
● Confirm the transaction and wait for the cryptocurrency to be credited to your poker site account.
How to Continuously Improve at Crypto Poker Websites
Online poker is one of those games where the learning curve increases over time. There are more active players than ever before, which means you must fight hard for your place under the sun. The only way to do this is to continuously find ways to improve your skills. Try these tips on for size:
Learn Poker Strategy
Develop a solid understanding of poker rules, hand rankings, and different strategies for each variant of poker you play. Study poker books, watch tutorials, and analyze successful players to improve your skills.
Practice Bankroll Management
Manage your bankroll wisely by setting limits on the amount you are willing to risk in each session. Avoid playing with more than you can afford to lose and adjust your stakes accordingly.
Start with Low Stakes
Begin at lower-stakes tables to gain experience and build your confidence. This allows you to learn the dynamics of the game, observe opponents' play, and minimize the risk to your bankroll.
Pay attention to your opponents' betting patterns, tendencies, and reactions. Look for opportunities to exploit their weaknesses and adjust your play accordingly. Adapt your strategy based on the players at the table.
Position and Timing
Understand the importance of position in poker. Play more hands from late positions when you have more information about your opponents' actions. Utilize proper timing by bluffing strategically and knowing when to value bet.
Use Bankroll Boosting Strategies
Take advantage of bonuses, promotions, and loyalty programs offered by the crypto poker site. These can provide additional value and increase your overall profitability.
Maintain Emotional Control
Poker can be a mentally challenging game. Avoid tilting or making impulsive decisions based on emotions. Stay focused, disciplined, and maintain a rational approach to your play.
Disclaimer : The above is a sponsored post, the views expressed are those of the sponsor/author and do not represent the stand and views of Outlook Editorial.