Tabla maestro Ustad Zakir Hussain has been nominated for the 52nd Grammy award in the Best Classical Crossover album category for the album "The Melody of Rhythm."
"The Melody of Rhythm" consists of artists like Leonard Slatkin, Béla Fleck, Edgar Meyer apart from Zakir Hussain, a press release issued here today said.
Previously Hussain has won the Grammy for the Contemporary World Music Album category for his collaborative album "Global Drum Project" along with Mickey Hart, Sikiru Adepoju and Giovanni Hidalgo in February 2009.
Earlier in 1992 "Planet Drum", an album co-created and produced by Hussain and Mickey Hart, was awarded the first-ever Grammy for Best World Music Album.
The 52nd Grammy awards will be presented on January 31, 2010 at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.
Zakir Hussain Bags Grammy Nomination
THE LATEST ISSUE
- With 12,651 New Infections, Delhi Logs Lowest Daily Caseload In 4 Weeks
- Citing Covid Situation Cong Again Defers Internal Poll To Elect New Chief
- Clueless Cong Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid-19
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Beed: Govt To Probe Discrepancy In Covid Deaths As Funerals Rise
- Japan, UNDP To Provide Oxygen Plants To Northeast States
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Bach Cancels Japan Trip Because Of COVID Cases