YSR Congress Y S Vijaya today caused political flutters when she did not rule out the possibility of tying up with Congress in the future, but later toned down her remarks dismissing such an eventuality.
"The future will decide that," was the cryptic reply that Vijaya gave to PTI when she was asked about political speculation in this regard.
Asked specifically whether she would rule out the possibility of either YSRC's merger or alliance with Congress, she merely said the future would decide that.
However, with her remarks creating a major storm in Andhra politics, Vijaya issued a terse statement dismissing the party's merger or alliance with Congress.
"YSR Congress party rules out merger with Congress," the statement signed by Vijaya said.
Earlier, she had said, "Jagan has categorically said there will be not be any alliance with communal parties (read BJP)."
For long, the principal opposition Telugu Desam Party had been alleging that YSRC was into a "match-fixing" deal with the Congress and once Jagan was bailed out of the ongoing criminal cases, the two parties would become one.
Even today, TDP politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu forecast that the YSR Congress would eventually merge with the Congress.
"Is it not a fact that Vijaya and Jagan entered into an agreement with the Congress to make Rahul Gandhi the Prime Minister in 2014? Why did Jagan and Vijaya not publicise the agreements they had with the Congress high command," Yanamala said in a statement.
Vijaya's ambivalent stand vis-a-vis the Congress only gives credence to the opposition's charge.
With her son and Kadapa MP lodged in jail as an undertrial in the disproportionate assets case, Vijaya has been holding fort of the 18-month-old party and taking on the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh through a series of agitation programmes on different issues.
Y S Vijaya Rules Out Merger With Cong After Creating Flutter
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Himachal: Cyber Thugs Target Covid Patients With False Promises Of Hospital Beds, Remdesivir
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In TN Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine