The Jammu and Kashmir government today said the work on the second phase of the 450 MW Baglihar power project would start soon.
"The work on the second phase of Baglihar Hydroelectric power project with a cost of Rs 3000 crore will be started soon," Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather said addressing a function here.
He said the first phase of the project has already been completed and made operational.
"The government is taking revolutionary steps to boost the power sector in the state," he said, adding more grid and receiving stations are being established in the state.
The government had yesterday announced that the 450 MW Baglihar power project has been handed over to National Hydro Power Corporation (NHPC) for its operation and maintenance.
He appealed to the people of the state to make proper use of power and said the state has received only Rs 640 crore as revenue, bearing a loss of Rs 1400 crore during the current year.
He said the government has formulated such comprehensive developmental programmes under which all the areas of the state would get equal share of progress and prosperity.
Describing unemployment in the state as a "burning issue", Rather said the government is keen to overcome the problem.
"The recently announced employment policy is the positive step in this regard. The unemployed youth would be provided stipend from April," he said.
He said the government in its 15 months tenure has provided Government jobs to more than 20,000 educated unemployed youth.
Referring to upcoming Panchayat and local bodies polls, the minister appealed to the people to elect honest candidates in the ensuing polls so that they can work with zeal and zest for the welfare of the society as well as for the people.
Work on Phase II of Baglihar Project in J&K to Start Soon
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- Should We Encourage Kuccha Receipts? Institutional Cleansing Part Of Improving Business Environment
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Karnataka: Political Slugfest Erupts Between Congress, JD(S) As Siddaramaiah, Deve Gowda Trade Barbs
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Live, Windies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2, North Sound, Antigua
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP