Noted personalities from the world of film, TV and sports like Shabana Azmi, Vidya Balan, MC Mary Kom, Nandita Das and Sakshi Tanwar were honoured for their contribution in their respective fields.
They were among a host of women achievers who were given the L'Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards 2013 here last night. Women were honoured across 17 categories including science, business and entrepreneurship, sports, education, art, television and music, among others.
Besides ace boxer Mary Kom, chess player Tania Sachdev was another sportperson to be honoured. Actors Shabana Azmi and Vidya Balan were given Favourite Face of a Cause and `Women We Love' awards respectively.
Model-turned-actress Lisa Haydon got an award for style, while Sakshi Tanwar, currently seen in popular tele serial `Bade Achhe Lagte Hain', was honoured in the TV category. Playback singer Shilpa Rao got the award in music category.
The leadership award went to veteran banker Kalpana Morparia who is Chief Executive of JP Morgan in India.
Femina, India's leading women’s magazine, had hosted the award in association with international beauty brand L’Oréal Paris.
The winners were selected by a panel of judges that consisted of Infosys Foundation Chairperson Sudha Murthy, Bollywood director Gauri Shinde, costume designer Neeta Lulla, banker Meera Sanyal, actress Seema Biswas, L'Oreal Managing Director Pierre-Yves Arzel and Femina Editor Tanya Chaitanya.
Women Achievers Honoured in Mumbai
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Explained: What Is N440K Covid Variant? Is It More Virulent? Know What CCMB Says
- What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection In Covid Patients; Check Dos And Don’ts Here
- Mamata Banerjee Retains Ministerial Core As 43 Take Oath Today
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Lockdowns And Curfews: List Of States, UTs Clamping Down Against Covid-19
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam Chief Minister Today
- The Shadow Of Satellite On Negroponte Switch
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly