Senior Congress leader Aslam Sher Khan said today that the most befitting reply to former RSS Chief K S Sudarshan's remarks against party President Sonia Gandhi would be to defeat the BJP in the next Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh.
"It is very important for the Congress to ensure that the party is able to register a victory in the next Assembly elections in the state," the Congress leader told PTI.
Since the remarks against Sonia had been made in Bhopal itself, the BJP cannot be allowed to rule Madhya Pradesh any more, Aslam said.
He said that holding dharnas, staging demonstrations and burning effigies of Sudarshan were not the right answer to the remarks made by the former RSS Chief.
The Congress leader said that in case the party was unable to win the next Assembly elections, "the BJP would turn Madhya Pradesh into another Gujarat."
"For a Congress win, it is essential for its three big leaders, Digvijay Singh, Kamalnath and Jyotiraditya Scindia to come together and work for the party in the state," Aslam said.
The last assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh were held in November 2008 and the next ones are scheduled for 2013.
'Win in Next Assembly Polls; Apt Reply to Sudarshan'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- CBI Carries Out Searches At Congress Leader DK Shivakumar's Premises
- Noida Police Apologises For Manhandling Priyanka Gandhi, Orders Probe
- KXIP Vs CSK: Faf, Watson Crush Punjab
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- JEE-Advanced Results Announced, Pune Boy Chirag Falor Tops Exam
- Oppn's Misinformation On Farm Laws Amounts To Criminal Conduct: BJP
- BJP Leader Shot Dead In West Bengal, BJP Demands CBI Inquiry
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- It’s Been A Very Interesting Journey: Donald Trump on Covid-19
- India's COVID-19 Tally Crosses 66 Lakh-Mark
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Man Utd 1-6 Spurs: Red Devils Suffer Joint-record Home Defeat