Keeping an election pledge, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said the state government would talk to Justice Rajinder Sachar for making special provisions for minorities.
"The condition of Muslims in the state is bad. We will meet Justice (Rajinder) Sachar and discuss with him about the implementation of the recommendations made by him in his report. Our government will endeavour to improve the condition of Muslims and work for their welfare," she told a press conference hours after being sworn in as chief minister of West Bengal.
"If he (Sachar) agrees to come to West Bengal and give his suggestions, we will be very happy," she said.
The Sachar Committee appointed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh prepared a report on the social, economic and educational status of the Muslims in the country.
Will Talk to Sachar About Special Provisions: Mamata
THE LATEST ISSUE
- ‘Need To Look At Every Aspect That Caused Defeat’: Sonia Gandhi To Congress On Poll Results
- ‘His Dream Has Come True,’ Says Himanta Biswa Sarma’s Wife
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid-19?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In Tamil Nadu Releases Election Expenses
- Game Over, Or Halftime? Mamata Faces Full-Blown Tussle With BJP
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India Sees Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 Cases, 3,754 Deaths
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- 34 AMU Professors Succumb To Covid
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- M.K. Stalin: The Prince Who Finally Became King
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- BCCI Will Be Ultra-cautious For T20 World Cup: Jimmy Neesham