Calling for expediting action on recommendations of the Rangarajan Committee, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said his government would appeal to the Centre to grant Rs 8,000-crore financial package as advocated by the panel.
"There is a need for fast tracking action on the recommendations of the Rangarajan Committee both at the central and state government levels," Omar said at a meeting to take stock of the progress on recommendations of Prime Minister's third working group.
He said the state government will pursue with the Centre the grant of financial package of Rs 8000 crore to Jammu and Kashmir as recommended by the Committee.
He said the state officials should maintain a rapport with the Central agencies while implementing the project of four-laning of Srinagar-Jammu National Highway.
Omar also asked the officers concerned to coordinate with Railway authorities for accelerating the pace of Udhampur-Karta and Katra-Qazigund rail project.
On power projects, he said "this is the sector which is the right answer to the development and all round progress in the state."
The huge hydro-electric potential available in the state required to be fully harnessed under a multi-pronged strategy already put in place by the Government, he added.
He said he would meet the Union Ministers concerned in New Delhi to push forward schemes and projects in the pipeline. "Provide me necessary data and identify the tables the schemes are held up, I will talk at the highest level to push these forward."
The Chief Minister constituted a Standing Committee to monitor the progress of works and ensure coordinated approach in implementing the schemes.
Will Appeal to Centre for Rs 8000 Cr Package: Omar
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Amid Despair And Anger, NRC Proponents Are Most Disgruntled In Assam Now
- Final NRC List: Courts Will Have Final Word On Citizenship Status Of Those Excluded
- Shashi Tharoor’s Travails Among Kerala’s Lilliputians
- GDP At Six-Year Low: Five Reasons Why The Economy Tanked
- Final NRC Published, What Next For 1.9 Million People Excluded From The List?
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- With Lakhs Left Stateless, NRC Will Continue To Haunt Us
- Leaders Across Party Lines Express Concern, Pick Flaws In Final NRC List
- War Not Option To Deal With Kashmir Issue, Says Pakistan Foreign Minister Qureshi
- Kargil War Hero Mohammad Sanaullah Excluded From NRC, Says 'I Am Confident I Will Get Justice'
- Mamata’s Bonanza For Puja Pandals May Run Contrary To Spirit Of Secularism
- Kashmir: More Security For Former Ikhwan Commander’s Residence As Mufti, Abdullahs Remain Detained
- CBI Takes Over Probe Into ‘Phone-Tapping’ Of Politicians During Cong-JDS Govt In Karnataka
- LIVE: 2nd Test, Day 2 – Bumrah Hattrick Destroys WI, 14/4