Where are memoirs of the first Chief of the country's snooping agency Research and Analysis Wing (RAW)-- R N Kao?
The curious case came before the Central Information Commission today which directed the agency to disclose if these memoirs running into several volumes, as claimed by an ex-RAW official, are in its possession or not.
Nisha Priya Bhatia of RAW had alleged that the first Chief of RAW, R N Kao had left behind his memoirs with instructions that they should be published after a certain number of years.
"These memoirs running into several volumes were handed over by one Chief of the RAW to another," she said.
Bhatia alleged that some senior RAW officials have now established personal control over these valuable memoirs because of royalty, name and fame which could be earned through their publication.
In her RTI application, she sought to know from the RAW the steps taken by it to establish "organisational control" over these writings as these are property of the agency and heritage of this country.
RAW said it is an organisation exempt from the transparency law and except allegations of corruption and human rights violation, no other information can be furnished.
Bhatia claimed that "personal control" of these memoirs by some officials of RAW is an act of corruption.
Information Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi directed the RAW to explain whether the allegations of Bhatia, that Kao gave memoirs to be published after a certain period and that they are not with the agency but in personal possession of some individuals, are correct or not.
Gandhi said if the allegations are false, then the agency can state it, else it becomes a case of criminal misconduct under section 13(d) of the Prevention of Corruption.
Where Are Kao's Memoirs? RAW Asked
THE LATEST ISSUE
- In Den Of Match-Fixers, Why BCCI's Fraud Detecting System For IPL Still Has Holes
- Truce Is The Only Option For EPS And OPS In Tamil Nadu
- Vengeful Naveen Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Coal Scam: Court Convicts Former Union Minister Dilip Ray, Others
- MI Vs RR: Rajasthan Face Rampaging Mumbai
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Judge And Hangman: Media Trial In Sushant Death Case
- Atal Rohtang Tunnel: Three Accidents In 72 Hours Since Inauguration
- Covid-19 Virus Can Infect People More Than Six Feet Away: CDC
- French Open: Line Judge Deja Vu For Djokovic In Khachanov Win
- Richa Chadha Files Defamation Suit Against Payal Ghosh
- Nowhere To Go: MCI Staff Told To Vacate Building
- Life As A Dalit - A Curse In Casteist India
- Deadline Day Recap: Cavani Joins Man United As Arsenal Swoop For Partey