BJP secretary Kirit Somaiya today sought to know from CBI when it would initiate action against Union Ministers Shriprakash Jaiswal and Subodh Kant Sahay in the probe against alleged irregularities in coal block allocations.
"BJP wants to ask the CBI when action will be taken against Shriprakash Jaiswal and Subodh Kant Sahay...We also want to ask the CBI when it would initiate police action against accused Rajendra and Vijay Darda and other family members," Somaiah said.
The former BJP MP said he will be travelling to Kanpur tomorrow to release documents pertaining to a company allotted coal blocks in which allegations have come up against Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal.
"Next week, I will release more documents against a company involved in another coal block allocation in which Union Minister Subodh Kant Sahay's name has cropped up," Somaiah said.
Jaiswal and Sahay have denied the allegations against them.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Minister Rajendra Darda, who is under pressure to quit his post after the CBI filed an FIR against him in the coal block allotment scam, today said he no longer has any relation with the company booked by CBI.
"I had purchased the company's shares worth Rs one lakh in 2006 and returned them in 2008, hence I have no relation with that company," Rajendra, younger brother of Congress MP Vijay Darda, also an accused in the case, told reporters in Mumbai.
Among the five companies named in the FIR registered yesterday by the central probe agency is JLD Yavatmal, which is said to have links to the Darda family.
CBI had yesterday carried out raids in 30 locations across the country after filing cases against five companies for alleged criminal conspiracy to get coal blocks by fudging their net worth figures and misrepresentation of facts.
When Will CBI Initiate Action Against Jaiswal, Sahay?: BJP
THE LATEST ISSUE
- PM Modi 'Feels He Has It Under Control': Trump On Kashmir At G7 Summit
- INX Media Case: No Relief For Chidambaram, Court Extends CBI Custody By 4 Days
- PM Modi Made 'Historical Blunder' By Revoking Kashmir's Autonomy: Pak PM Imran Khan
- Sindhu's World Title Or Nehwal's Olympic Bronze – Which Is More Special For Coach Gopichand?
- RBI Approves Rs 1.76 Lakh Cr Transfer Of Surplus Reserves To Government
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Government Sacks 22 More Tax Officers For Graft, Misconduct
- Opposition Using 'Maarak Shakti...': Pragya Thakur On Death Of BJP Leaders -- Video
- Siddaramaiah Says K'taka Govt Will Not Last Long, Urges Congress To Prepare For Early Polls
- 'He Speaks Very Good English...': Prez Trump Shares Light Moment With PM Modi -- Video
- NHRC Sends Notice To UP Chief Secy Over Rotis With Salt Mid-Day Meal
- G7 Summit: India To Import More From US; Commerce Ministers To Hold Talks Over Trade Issues
- Sindhu To Receive Cash Reward For Stellar Showing At Badminton Worlds
- Sourav Ganguly Gives His Opinion On MS Dhoni's Imminent Retirement