Mahant Gyan Das and Mohammad Hashim Ansari, main litigants in the Ayodhya title suit, today announced their support for the anti-graft movement led by Anna Hazare and said they are ready to march to Delhi.
Mohammad Hashim Ansari, one of the oldest and main litigants in the title suits, and Mahant Gyan Das of Hanumanghari who is also president of Akhil Bhartiya Akhara Parishad today addressed a joint press conference at Hanuman Garhi temple here.
"We openly support Anna and his cause and we are also ready to march to Delhi with our followers and devotees if needed," Das and Ansari said in a joint statement.
Talking to media persons they said that their support for Anna is purely for the "holy war" which he is leading and they should not be clubbed with RSS, VHP and BJP who have also announced support to Anna.
"We are against corruption and also against the saffron politics and communalism being spread by right wing saffron brigade," said Gyan Das and Hashim Ansari.
"We believe in true religious activities and we do not want to do politics of religion so this is pure secular support for Anna," they said.
We Support 'Holy War' Waged by Anna: Ayodhya Litigants
THE LATEST ISSUE
- In Den Of Match-Fixers, Why BCCI's Fraud Detecting System For IPL Still Has Holes
- Truce Is The Only Option For EPS And OPS In Tamil Nadu
- Vengeful Naveen Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Coal Scam: Court Convicts Former Union Minister Dilip Ray, Others
- MI Vs RR: Rajasthan Face Rampaging Mumbai
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Judge And Hangman: Media Trial In Sushant Death Case
- NEP’s Push for Multilingualism, A Gateway Of Opportunities
- Covid-19 Virus Can Infect People More Than Six Feet Away: CDC
- French Open: Line Judge Deja Vu For Djokovic In Khachanov Win
- Richa Chadha Files Defamation Suit Against Payal Ghosh
- Nowhere To Go: MCI Staff Told To Vacate Building
- Life As A Dalit - A Curse In Casteist India
- Deadline Day Recap: Cavani Joins Man United As Arsenal Swoop For Partey