The BCCI today hit back at former India captain Sourav Ganguly for accusing the Board of discrimination and said it has never been prejudiced against any player.
In an interview to a local television channel, Ganguly had claimed that the Board had different rules for different players and had he been allowed to play longer, he would have performed well.
The BCCI promptly rubbished Ganguly's allegation and said it never interfered in selection matters.
"As far as the BCCI is concerned, we are not prejudiced against any player. Selection of the players is purely the domain of the selectors. The selection panel is comprised of players only and they decide when somebody should be kept in the team," BCCI's Finance and Media Committee chairman Rajiv Shukla said.
"The BCCI does not interfere in these matters. In the eyes of the BCCI, everybody is equal and we don't discriminate against any player," he said.
Ganguly, who retired from international cricket last year, was responding to a question on whether he could have continued playing like his contemporaries Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid.
"If I was playing, I too would have been performing well but I have taken a decision... The BCCI has different rules for different people," he had stated.
We Don't Discriminate Against Anyone: BCCI
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- Mike Pence and Kamala Harris Battle It Out At The US Vice Presidential Debate
- ‘India’s Coronavirus Fight Is People Driven,’ Says PM Modi
- 'You Can't Stop Thefts Till Thieves Repent': R. Ashwin On 'Mankading'
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- China Will Pay A Big Price For Spreading Covid-19 Globally: Trump
- Batting Let Bowlers Down, Says CSK Skipper Dhoni After Yet Another Defeat
- Rhea Chakraborty Walks Out Of Byculla Jail After Bombay HC Grants Her Bail
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar Dies By Suicide
- Want To Cross Verify A Doctor's Credentials? Sorry, You Cannot
- Prashant Kishor’s Team Starts Feeling The Heat Of Infighting In The TMC
- Atal Tunnel: Himachal To Beef Up Security
- Clinical Tsitsipas Makes History