West Bengal Assembly Speaker Biman Banerjee today ordered an inquiry into the role of securitymen inside the House during the violence witnessed between ruling Trinamool Congress members and Left Front members.
The Speaker ordered the inquiry after Parliamentary Affairs and Industry minister Partha Chatterjee questioned the role of the assembly security personnel who according to him maintained a stoic silence when pandemonium broke out yesterday.
Chatterjee said that the security personnel had played an active role in the past in maintaining peace inside the House, but this time they were silent spectators.
Banerjee, thereafter, ordered a probe into the matter.
WB House Ruckus: Probe Ordered Into Securitymen's Role
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Mehbooba Freed: Govt Must Have Felt Shame, Says Daughter
- SRH Vs CSK: Chennai Stay Float With Much-needed Win
- Pushpam Priya Chaudhary: Taking On Bihar's Chanakyas
- IIT Aspirants Who Missed JEE Advanced Can Take Test In 2021
- China Again Claims It Does Not Recognise Ladakh, Arunachal
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Dhoni Hails CSK's Near-perfect Show
- NC Backs Farooq’s China Statement, Contest From Wuhan, Says BJP
- Mirzapur Season 2 Will Be Paisa Vasool: Ali Fazal
- Kullu Deities To Skip A Bleak Dussehra Amidst COVID Scare
- NHRC Lists Sex Workers As 'Women At Work'; Significant Step, Say Activists
- Hindu Students From Kashmir To Get 10% Relaxation In Admission Cut Off
- Resurgent Royals Seek Revenge Against Capitals
- Khushbu Sundar Asks 'How Can People Choose Congress If It Can't Choose Its Own Leader'