West Indian batting legend Sir Vivian Richards is batting for the twin-island nation - Antigua and Berbuda - at the ongoing Commonwealth Games here giving "pep talk" to the 19-athlete strong squad.
A nightmare for bowlers during his playing days, Richards is Antigua and Berbuda national team's ambassador and mentor.
"Richards is accompanying the team as a mentor and motivator. He will be here till the end of the Commonwealth Games and will be motivating the Antiguan athletes. He will be giving them pep talks during events," a team official said.
This is not the first time that Richards is accompanying the national contingent of the country, an island lying between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean.
He was also present during the last edition in Melbourne.
Vivian Richards Bats for Antigua and Berbuda at CWG
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli