Actor Vivek Oberoi has found his soulmate in Bangalore-based Priyanka Alva, daughter of well known danseuse Nandini Alva and late Janata Dal (U) leader Jeevraj Alva.
The bride was chosen by Vivek's parents Suresh and Yashodara Oberoi. The actor, who has had failed relationships in the past, took his time before giving an emphatic yes to their choice, a statement from the actor's publicist said.
Priyanka graduated with a Bachelors degree in Business Administration from Royal Holloway, University of London in 2003. She continued her educational pursuits in multi-dimensional fields of her evolving interests including a non-certified course at the Martha Graham School of Dance in New York and a course in Administration and Fund Raising for Non-Profit Organizations from NYU, the statement said.
"It is a very big day for us and we are extremely happy to see our son settle down. Priyanka for sure is the ideal girl for Vivek and we can't be happier at her inclusion into the Oberoi family," Suresh Oberoi said.
Yashodara said, "I am happy we have found someone as gracious as Priyanka who is a perfect blend of traditional values and modern thinking."
Vivek's publicist, speaking on the actor's behalf said, "He is elated! Overjoyed with the new developments in his life...2010, his 8th year in Bollywood has certainly taken things upwards in his career and personal life. He thanks everyone for all the love, support and good wishes."
Vivek Oberoi to Marry Bangalore Based Priyanka Alva
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Arun Jaitley, Former Union Minister And Senior BJP Leader, Dies At 66
- BJP Stalwart Arun Jaitley To Be Cremated At Nigambodh Ghat Today, Leaders Pay Last Respects
- BJP's Indispensable Man, A Raconteur And Mentor: Arun Jaitley Was All These And Much More
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- PM Modi Meets Bahraini Crown Prince, Conferred 'The King Hamad Order Of The Renaissance'
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Arun Jaitley
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- I Am Disappointed With Myself: KL Rahul
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Durand Cup Final: Vicuna Blames Refereeing For MB's Loss To GKFC
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup, But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face